Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
JasonB
Level 10

Re: Give us your feedback!

Thanks, @RoyalLibations! Welcome to Thumbtack and welcome to our Community!!

0 Kudos
tiaholiness
Level 4

I don't feel that the pro should be charged when a customer contacts you, if the customer asks you a question that is in your profile. 

I entirely agree! I just had a customer thoughtfully respond letting me know what she more specifically needed from the PRO and now I'm paying $70 for that one lead that will not result in anything. How can we get back to the place of paying if/when hired?  

JazzGuitar
Level 5

Please read my long winded brief...

I'm a musician and over the years I've appreciated the extra income stream Thumbtack has allowed me to tap into. I'm very grateful for that. When I first started using Thumbtack, it seemed more user friendly, but I also had nothing to compare it to. We were charged with "credits" for each job we quoted on, each credit being worth a certain $$ amount. We could buy them in packages or pay as we went.  With this new business model of having to set a certain $$ budget per week, it got more involved in experimenting with what my "sweet spot" for my budget should be--even after reading how it worked I felt uncomfortable with that change. Also noticed, around that same time I was getting less requests!  Perhaps a coincidence??  In addition to that I learned that my Top Pro status was contingent upon how many times I quoted on jobs and/or got hired!?? You put an expiration date on the Top Pro status?  I work hard to build a the best profile I can and expect it to last until I do something to "un-earn" it. I could be wrong about this new rule but if I am it's because there have been more than a few changes made for us to keep up with.

Anyway here are my points of contention with Thumbtack as it stands now.

• Even though we only pay if contacted by a prospective client it seems like it costs more than it used to?? Same gigs but it costs more? So now I'm forced to pass that cost onto my client or pay my guys less--If I don't get the gig I have to take the $$ loss.

• Make the charge for the quote easier to find/see. Until recently I didn't know how to determine what I would be charged if I got the gig. Unless I press the "learn more" link--which is hard to see --not at all obvious--I will not know how much the job will cost until I'm charged!

• Top Pro status should not expire, once it's earned it should remain unless the professional does something that requires it to be removed.

Okay, that's my beef. My apologies for being so long winded but it's a hustle and a grind being a musician -- I'm happy and grateful for any service that can help me improve and grow my business.  Fortunately I have my self promotion, my leads from other sources to help out with keeping things going.  

Best,
JDT

No need to apologize @JazzGuitar. We created the Community for pros like yourself to come and share ideas, feedback, and connect with others. I'm happy you're here!

You're right that prices are more than they were before. In the past, you paid for every single quote you sent, regardless if you heard from the customer or not. Now, you only pay when you receive an interested response. It's more valuable. However, we're constantly re-evaluating costs and if you have any suggestions for your service in your area, don't hesitate to give it to us. With that, thank you for all of your feedback, regarding how we show prices, that's super helpful!

As far as Top Pro, we have a criteria that needs to be met to become a Top Pro. In order to keep all Top Pros retaining the same criteria, we refresh every six months. 

Thanks for reaching out!

0 Kudos
JazzGuitar
Level 5

Thanks for your reply. My feelings remain the same— not lovin’ it.
JazzGuitar
Level 5

*My feelings remain the same—NOT lovin’ it.
0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@MeckellAn interested customer needs to be more than just someone sending a generic reply to a pro! You and many other TT reps know my issues and concerns, but seems like nothing gets done, you don't care, or always pacifying me and many pros with "we'll pass along your feedback", or "we'll look into it".

0 Kudos
Jared1
Level 4

So I’ve had about 6-7 people request me over others. Or so it seems. I haven’t gained one client or even had a conversation with any of them. I was starting to think they were made up bids to get me to pay more for bids. I close about 99% on anyone I get a reply from and my pricing is fair. You’re not getting those low results?
0 Kudos
Jamesy00
Level 3

Thank You.... I carefully explain everything, and then I get a silly question, that I already answered.
0 Kudos