Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
Notinsured
Active Community Member

Healthcare Insurance

I am in a healthcare profession where my services are covered by many health insurance companies. I choose not to accept health insurance as payment; I only take direct payments. On my Thumbtack profile I have stated this fact numerous times in different ways. When a potential client contacts me and asks me if I take insurance or what kind of insurance I accept, I get charged for “contact”. When I dispute the validity of the contact, Thumbtack’s argument is ‘you can still follow up with them as a potential customer.’ My response is “No, I can’t.” No one in their right mind, who pays for health insurance is going to private-out-of-pocket pay for services. 

So each time I get asked this question, even when it is clearly stated all over my profile that I do not accept insurance, I get charged. 5 of the last 10 leads were exactly this scenario. I got 1 customer. I have done the math and calculated the cost/income/expense ratio and now that Thumbtack has changed the rates AGAIN, it is becoming an increasingly alarming loss. 

Is there not a way to put a filter on the providers side of the process that excludes those who have insurance or are seeking a provider who accepts insurance? Or a check box that states “This provider does not accept insurance”? I feel it’s on the verge of price gouging to take advantage of a situation I cannot control and they know I cannot gain from. Am I wrong here? I like using Thumbtack overall and I am a Top Pro, which I am proud of. I work diligently to use the site to my advantage and am willing to pay for leads. What I am getting here are dead-ends. No-wins. You may as well send me customers that want cello lessons as well. They are as likely to produce the same results as someone who cancels they project. Zero. But you will charge me for these dead-ends and call them potentials. 

Occupations (1)
States
9 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Healthcare Insurance ripoff

@Notinsured I'm in agreement with you that this is an area that we at Thumbtack can improve in. There's more that can be done to help pros like you showcase crucial information like this on their profiles and it's something that we're currently working hard on. This is a similar point that was made here by @mentalmediator : https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Get-hired/Let-s-talk-about-your-profile/m-p/4915/highlight/true#M...

I've double checked in your preferences and found that you do have marked "No insurance or insurance that doesn't cover therapy" as the situations you accept in Therapy and Counseling. I'll be sure to submit the idea to add this as a preference option for Marriage and Relationship Counseling as well. I've also made sure that you won't receive jobs or be matched with jobs similar to your preferences, which I think will help. 

Congratulations on making Top Pro and showing such a high level of quality with your profile. I would recommend adding to the introduction of your profile along with any quotes you send out, something like a disclaimer at the very beginning for customers to note that you do not accept insurance as payment.

0 Kudos
Starburst2017
Community Newcomer

Just an FYI-I had it PLASTERED all over my profile. I was the lead sentence until last week when I realized that was all people were seeing initially. I had it at the end after my name, on every bid and quote-everywhere-until I realized that’s all any probably saw, yet they were STILL asking. Clearly having it defined in each section of my profile wasn’t working so I took it off everything when I made this post. It distracted from this message and if I’m going to have to pay for them anyway, why muck up my message? A refund for those last 5 would have been awesome.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Hi @Starburst2017 I want to look into these quotes to get a better idea of what's going on. Will you send me a private message with your email address and the customers names on the last five quotes you're referring to? Once I get that, I'm happy to take a look! 

0 Kudos
Notinsured
Active Community Member

How do I send you a private message? I have the list.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Notinsured start by going to my profile here. From there, select the button that says "direct message" and send it there. Let me know if you have any questions Smiley Happy 

Notinsured
Active Community Member

I followed your instructions and still don’t get a link to DM you. Perhaps it’s bc I’m on a mobile device. Still getting multiple requests for this. Got two this weekend. I can’t access past requests past a week on mobile devices but now I’m getting odd requests and hires from ppl that never contacted me? I don’t know what to do I just feel like I’m getting robbed and it looks like I’m not the only one. I just had my one year anniversary and it seems to be getting out of hand now.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Meckell

@Notinsured I went ahead and sent you a direct message. You should see that in your inbox. Feel free to respond to that and we can get started. 

Notinsured
Active Community Member

I got nothing. No inbox here or on the app. Not on my phone or iPad. I guess I’ll try my laptop tonight. This is ridiculous. I can’t even get a DM on a mobile device? No wonder my calendar never never syncs correctly!
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Notinsured Just to clarify, the DM I sent you is through your community profile. In the top right-hand corner, you should see a bell, a mailing envelope, and your profile picture. If you click on the mailing envelope it will take you to your inbox. 

0 Kudos