Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Hey NYC! Give us your feedback!

At Thumbtack, when there's something we like or something that's going well, we call it a #loveit. And when there's something that could be improved, we call it a #couldbebetter. So tell us: what are your #loveits and what are your #couldbebetters? What do you like about Thumbtack? What do you like for us to improve? Let us know below!
0 Kudos
12 responses
E218Events
Level 4

Re: Hey NYC! Give us your feedback!

#loveit - got my very first customer on Thumbtack AND my biggest contract to date!!
#CBB - love that Thumbtack has come out to meet us and hear our thoughts of how to make it better! Looking forward to the new changes!!

I love thumtack! I love how easy it is to use. The support team is great!

mbdesigns
Level 4

Been using Thumbtack for over 4 years. Lots of highs and lows. Love it, but definitely could use some improvements for certain points.

shopwithval
Level 1

I have control over my profile. I've filled it out in its entirety and feel confident that when customers come across it, it will help me connect with the right people. #loveit

My business has grown and now operates in two cities. I had to start a new/second profile after expanding and had to start from scratch with my reviews that I worked so hard to acquire over the years. As business' grow we should be able to continue with one profile for more than one city/state. #couldbebetter

Stetnie
Level 4

when the potential client provides their phone number, it would be great if we could hover over and dial the phone number or at least copy and paste. Also, please bring back the ability to mark as hired in the app. Make it easier to request reviews in the app. Make is so that we can click on profile pictures and make the photo bigger.

bradfordg
Level 1

Great event....you should have one in the Philadelpia, PA area.

drfekete
Level 5

I am looking for NYC jobs in several cathegories, but ca. 80% of the leads I'm getting are from New Jersey.

And, of course, I have to pay for all these leads because Instant Match gives no information about our services. So they just click "Sound good. What's next?" or "Are you taking insurance?" etc. which immediately costs me $25-50.

My geographical settings are correct, Customer Service has validated that several times for me, ... I'm still not getting NYC jobs. 

Please help! This has been going on for ca. 8 months now, ... and this is really destructive!

0 Kudos
drfekete
Level 5

I forgot to add that - apart from the 80% of NJ jobs - another 15% of the leads I'm getting are from ca. 30-50 miles away from NYC (even though some of them are, indeed, in NY State).

The percentage of job offers that are in line with my "job settings" is ca. 2-5%.

How is this possible??

And, of course, I am paying for 30-40% of the offers - without getting a single client!!!

0 Kudos
drfekete
Level 5

Another difficulty is that in the category of "Counseling and Therapy", Thumbtack has stopped sending me leads ca. 3 months ago.

I used to get ca. 20 leads per day, now I'm getting 1 or 2 per week!

The change happened overnight, ... and Customer Service tells me that the demand has changed!

Demand for "Counseling and Therapy" in NYC changed from ca. 150 leads to 1-2 leads per week overnight??? 

And most of those 1-2 leads per week are from New Jersey (where I am not even licensed), or 30-50 miles out of NYC!

NYC has disappeared from the map for Thumbtack, it seems ...!

What is going on here ...???

0 Kudos