Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted

Hello - I love this forum. Great idea.

I make quilts and am located in Iowa. However, when I was checking out this page - https://www.thumbtack.com/k/quilt-makers/ - Iowa isn't listed.

Also, and I've left this message before, I wish you would not promote ONLY LOCAL pros. I'm making quilts for people around the country but many people who post a "request," which is a lot of the time just an inquiry, they want to know where I live and how close I am to them. I doubt that I'm the only pro who can work with people from around the country.

Luckily for me, Thumbtack has really helped me launch my business. I love that you're working on making it better. It would be great if we were only charged when we got hired rather getting charged to answer only one question ("Where are you located? Iowa. Oh, that's too far. Thanks.")

Thanks sew much for listening. 

Chris

Occupations (1)
States
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator RobynJ

Re: Hire a Pro

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @QuilterinIowa, this is some great feedback. It can be tough to get those preferences matched just right to get the right customers to you, but we'll pass this on to our product team and see what we can do to help. 

We're sew glad we've been able to help you launch your business! 

1 responses
Moderator RobynJ

Re: Hire a Pro

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @QuilterinIowa, this is some great feedback. It can be tough to get those preferences matched just right to get the right customers to you, but we'll pass this on to our product team and see what we can do to help. 

We're sew glad we've been able to help you launch your business!