Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
bonnie_bill
Level 8

Re: How do you handle a bad review?

Solved! Jump to solution

What you described JazzyB would be a major issue for me !  I would be furious !

0 Kudos
JoeB131
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

JazzyB, prehaps what I should have said was that you can't create fake reviews like some people do for Yelp or Google..  Thumbtack assures you had interaction with the person giving the review.  Now why someone would give contact you just to give you a bad review, I have no idea.  

0 Kudos
JazzyB
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

@JoeB131, the person that gave me the 1-star review, I had NO direct contact with other than me messaging them asking why they left it. Prior to that message, I had no direct contact. I assume that the person was looking bookkeeping, tax, or payroll services and got my information, as well as others, sent to them by Thumbtack. That person, did not message me or call me (my phone number is in my quotes), marked me as hired, and left a 1-star review with no comment.

How can Thumbtack ASSURE that I had interaction with them? Simply because the person got my information sent to them by Thumbtack? That dog don't hunt. The Thumbtack team needs to look at a solution for this. Like I said in my last reply, I can accept a 1-star review, IF I have had contact with them (either by phone or Thumbtack message) and either I mishandled the conversation or even if they didn't like my price. 

It is extremely frustrating that a potential client can sabotage someone like that.

ExcaliburSH
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I appreciate not being the only person. I would prefer a person at least meet me and let me see the project so that, maybe, a price or agreement can be negotiated. It is unfair for a business to get reviews on simply a quote that someone didnt like. That is part of the bidding process. Some of us get hired, others dont.
0 Kudos
Denise
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

A little off-topic, but I think people who have not hired us should not be able to post a review. 

I have a 1 star review from a woman who simply didn't like my quote. I know we can respond to the bad review and future clients can see what the issue was. However, if this affects our overall rating and Top Pro status, I don't think it's fair that we can lose valuable points from people who have not actually hired us for job.

Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Solved! Jump to solution

This is a good point, @Denise, and something that I've heard often.  It can be really frustrating to get a review from someone who didn't actually hire you.  For context, we decided to allow these "in progress" reviews to make it easier for pros to get more reviews, since we know that customers hire pros with more reviews.  But that doesn't help when you're getting a bad review from someone you didn't work with.

We have a team working on our reviews policy.  I will pass this feedback along. 

missannienow
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution

You got a one star rating for someone you did not even WORK for??? I dont think that is right, do you? Maybe I didnt understand.

I have only gotten one bad review so far. It cut me to the quick, and it bothered me a lot. I knew that lady wasnt happy with my work but I did not think SHE was playing fair. Every time I came to clean her home, she added on extras (ie time takers!) like emptying the dishwasher and putting clean sheets on beds. I tried to (carefully) explain that these are considered extras, as they do take up TIME. She didnt seem to get this, and still expected me to get a 3 bedroom, two bath home with an enclosed porch clean in 3 hours. Cannot be done.

She fired me and then, a YEAR later, wrote a bad review on TT. This annoyed me no end but it also bothered me, because i KNEW I did a good job for this lady.

I thought about it a lot and tried to learn from this. I wont go into all my thought about it, but I did have to consider how I might appear to someone who does not know me.  Could be that non verbal language told her I was irritated with her. We just didnt click.

0 Kudos
rpcfitness
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Just had this happen to me.  Had a consultation with a prospect (I didn't even send the quote!  It was instant match, and it didn't even meet my criteria for preferences!).  I met with them anyway to see if I could help.  Handled the consult professionally, but they thought the price was too expensive.  So they left me a 3 star review, even though I did not provide any type of service and was not hired.    

Highlighted
CHSHOME
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

We agree with you. Thumbtack should not let Customers leave a Review, unless you do the Service. Consultations are part of the Hiring Process. Not the actual Service. 

Through Thumbtack, we've left our Rates as High to combat Thumbtack's High Ad Fees. But, will on occasion drop that fee by $25-$75 depending on the Customer. 

0 Kudos
JazzyB
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank you, Denise.

I got a review from someone who had not hired my firm nor had they even spoken to me over the phone. I messaged them, asking why did they post the review. I got no response. It is very frustrating as a professional that someone can arbitrarily post a review like this. There was no information in the review...just a 1-star review.

Thumbtack, please change your policy to keep people from sabotaging accounts like this.

Thanks!!