Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
bruce
Level 5

Re: Reviews, Pricing & False leads.

Solved! Jump to solution

I totally agree with all your statements.   I too reached out to TT and they deleted my comments.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

Good point these people probably are not real seeing how they all seem to disappear after Thumbtack gets paid for a comment odd how now there is double the customers but less customers that respond after 1 question seems like a good hustle for TT just have a few AI bots ask questions generate a bunch more income for them. We already know they read ALL of our conversations ridiculous!! 

0 Kudos
Allmond23
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I had same issues with home advisor so I canceled them was getting charged more than what I used them.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Quentin the chat agent was correct in stating that Thumbtack will not edit, change, or delete reviews. What you read in the Community about comments being edited, removed, or merged will apply directly to comments that in the Community that violate our Community Guidelines. The recommendation that the chat agent gave is a great one. I'll also mention that answering those negative reviews in a positive and professional manner if you haven't already is a great way to show other customers the quality of customer service that you really can offer.

I'm sorry to hear that the charges to your secondary cards that were listed came as a surprise. However, a few different places on our website state that if the default card is unavailable then the rest that are listed are open to being attempted. See example HERE.

@Quentin @Lawnfatherjones seeing more contacts over the weekend would make sense since thats when most customers have the extra time to seek help with jobs. It's definitely understandable to feel some frustration when customers don't reply back, but it wouldn't be in anyones best interest or make any sense for Thumbtack to create false leads. Thumbtack can only be successful when real customers get their jobs done, and when pros are being hired to do so. We even have extensive systems in place to prevent and remove inauthentic leads. If you feel that you've been contacted or seen a job that was suspicious please use this page to report it: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/reporting-suspicious-activity

You’ve found success with Thumbtack and that shows with your 25 hires, which is something to be proud of. We want you to continue seeing that success and are happy to help in any way that we can.

0 Kudos
ExcaliburSH
Level 6

Re: How do you handle a bad review?

Solved! Jump to solution
What I dont agree with reviews is receiving a review when NO service was rendered. I cant go into a store and give feedback if I dont get a receipt from the store that a transaction took place. I have received 2, what I would call, not so great reviews. One, i did understand the customers frustration and because I did meet them and spoke more with them, I understood their situation and they appreciated mine. That review was edited. What I dont agree is that a customers shops around for quotes all over the web and finds that my quote in their opinion was unreasonable (against other online platforms) and still is allowed to give me a review even though we never met, spoke, saw the project. Customers shouldnt be able to use this tool as hostage to get better pricing or control our business. If there is a transaction then 100%. But a conversation, especially via an app(online) does not constitute a transaction. Obviously, this is my opinion.
I know the value of customer service. I have refunded 100% of jobs where i could have even had the impression of error but in those cases a transaction was done. Ratings should be based on actual work not simply disagreement of price.
a2bmoving
Level 5

Re: How do you handle a bad review?

Solved! Jump to solution

Bad reviews happen even to the best of us.  There are always going to be customers that are going to complain about something.  I've had potential customers ask about a bad review and my response is you can't please everybody.  I try to state facts when I respond to bad reviews. This will allow the reader to see that we respond to issues. 

Highlighted
JazzyB
Level 5

Re: How do you handle a bad review? UPDATE

Solved! Jump to solution

Everyone, 

It did take some persistence with Thumbtack, but I was able to get the bad review, from someone that I provided no service to, removed from my listing. I mentioned again to them that it is unfair to a business owner that anyone can mark hired without a confirming mechanism to the business owner that they were indeed hired and an agreed upon price for the services was reached.

Hope this helps someone.

0 Kudos