results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
MarkBasel
Level 4

Re: How do you handle a bad review?

Solved! Jump to solution

yeah, I am dealing with the same thing.  You have no recourse and helpless to anyone who would want to sabatage your reputation.  

LeakProofBen
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I have 3, 1 star reviews that I never as much as messaged them!! Dropped me down to 4.3! SOOOOO FRUSTRATING!
bonnie_bill
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

@LeakProofBen

So sorry for you getting unfounded bad reviews! They should fix that.

0 Kudos
LeakProofBen
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I appreciate your sympathy bonnie_bill! And agree it i sd most def that Thumbtack

0 Kudos
missannienow
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution

Hmmm...accoding to Thumbtackm that cannot happen. But I believe you. And this issue is not off topic at all.

TackMaster MicMell
TackMaster

Solved! Jump to solution

The good news is it's better to not have every review be five stars. That tends to look weird.

No matter how much technology changes things, the customer is still always right. I make sure that I let the reviewer (and everyone reading) that I acknowledge what they've said, and expess enthusiasm in making amends.

Graciousness goes a long way.

0 Kudos
TMPIPER
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
All reviews are welcome it shows diversification and allows you to not become complacent and always strive to be better
0 Kudos
Highlighted
FitnessKt
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
But what do we do if the review is unjust. I got a 1 Star review yesterday from someone I never worked with! She was mad that I couldn’t train her because she needs someone with an Equinox gym membership which doesn’t make sense. If I worked there, I wouldn’t be on this app. It’s a weird request and she was mad when I said she must have made a mistake. She got really hostile fast and kept writing to me. There was no way to block her! She pressed “hired” just to review me because she was mad that I cannot train her and then she unhired me. That shouldn’t be allowed to happen. I never met her. I didn’t even speak on the phone with her. And she didn’t follow the app polices by asking for something the trainers cannot provide. She wrote in her preferences that she wants someone to train at her home, outdoors, or someone she will travel to but that wasn’t true! She wanted someone with the same gym as her which is the most expensive gym at $200/month. Me pointing out that it wouldn’t be possible freaked her out. But it was not in my control. It was already unfair that I spent $16 for her quote which I managed to get a refund for but her request was not possible. And my profile even explains I am not affiliated with a gym but I train at people’s homes. They don’t read before contacting us. They don’t know we have a high fee. I miss the system in which I could send a automatic reply explaining my service more because they really don’t check the profiles. I also need to be able to block her as she wouldn’t stop harassing me and now can see my personal details in my first message to her which makes me feel really uncomfortable.
FitnessKt
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Hey you guys deleted my discussion post asking about harrassment. Why?
Also, the 1 Star review on my page should be deleted because she didn’t comply to these rules as it was not based on her personal experience working with me but to harass my business:
Reviews

Genuine, thoughtful reviews provide the trust our community relies on. To that end, we prohibit:

Reviews not directly related to a pro’s professionalism, interactions, or performance on a project started or completed.
Reviews that do not represent users’ actual, personal experience.
​​Reviews unrelated to the actual project, such as political or social commentary.
Reviews which are not posted after a reasonable and sensible period following the work. Reviews must be posted either within one year after the customer submitted the request, or within one year of the last day the pro worked on the project.
Content that endorses or promotes illegal or harmful activity or violence, or is profane, vulgar, obscene, threatening, or discriminatory.
Content that violates another person or entity’s rights, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights (for example, personally identifying information).
Commercial promotion of products or services.
Content that discloses confidential information related to a Thumbtack Marketplace Trust and Safety investigation.
FitnessKt
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
WHy did you delete my discussion post on Harrassment? I said nothing wrong. I’ve been sexually harassed by clients on this app. Why would you delete that? I also asked others quesions. It’s been up for a few hours, I have prove. And then it wasn’t taken down. Do you not care? We need to be protected. There needs to be a blocking option.
0 Kudos