Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Meckell

Re: How do you handle a bad review?

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @FitnessKt. We moved your post temporarily while we were looking into some things. It's public again now and you'll be able to see it here: https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Forum/Reviews-Blocking-Harrassment/m-p/3010. We definitely care about you and your situation. I'll help in any way that I can. 

I want to take a look over your review to get a better idea of what's going on. If you send me a private message with your email address and the name of the customer, I'll start looking it over.

I look forward to hearing from you.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
FitnessKt
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Thank you. I mean it was odd it was removed for a moment as it’s a legit concern but ok. I am trying to private message you but when I click on your profile I don’t see the option? :/ she’s the last person that messaged me and did the 1 Star review. Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@FitnessKt I just sent you a PM, did you get it? Go ahead and respond to that and we can get started. 

0 Kudos
Notinsured
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

Good job on the follow through! I could see your original post. I agree you should not be slighted by someone who did not hire you and who did not meet your (and you their) criteria. If TT is going to use the 5-star rating system to drive us to do our best to compete then they should back the professionals that pay them for their service to stand behind their policies-each and every time. You did the work and looked it up! It means everything to the small business owner who utilizes TT or any other lead-generating service because that is how we all get our business, particularly when we are starting up. So suffice it to say that when TT continually changes their format, costs and, dare I say, policies, they stand to lose a considerable amount of people. Establishing the forum is a testament to the pressure they must be experiencing in the customer support center. I know I have had such horrible experiences just WAITING for someone to talk to! And while I am on their policies, it's a good thing they put a statue on the time frame for refunds. Because as the policies reads now, they would owe me a lot of money! So good job for staying on top of your issue and making sure it gets corrected! One bad review from a crazy person working outside the established policies can ruin your entire business! isn't that why there are policies to begin with?!

20handyman50
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I had a bad review that falls under your prohibited category "Does not apply to them". Its the one where the man says I stole from his girlfriend. This is a lie and I want it taken down please. If you read my response it explains the situation.
Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@20handyman50 go ahead and send me a private message with more info. I'm happy to look into this!

0 Kudos
bonnie_bill
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

How to handle bad reviews? Don't get them in the first place! We have been offering quality photography services for over 20 years and over 2000 shoots. We are selective in the business we accept because we are experienced. We always offer excellent services and a satisfaction guarantee. We have "always" received all 5 star reviews. 

Just that simple!

0 Kudos
rpcfitness
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Not exactly. People who have never hired you can mark you as “hired” then leave a bad review, even if you never accepted them as a client and never actually worked with them. All Thumbtack needs to see is that there was some type of correspondence via messages, and then they deem that it is a valid review.
bonnie_bill
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

Well that really sux!

I have not had that happen but I see your point and TT should certainly fix that immediately. If you have never done any business with a customer they should not allow a review to be posted or should remove it immediately.

Thank for pointing that out and aother questionable practice in the TT business model.

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@rpcfitness I wanted to help clarify. Customers can leave any pro a review as soon as they’ve responded to a pros quote. This is to allow customers to share their experiences with pros as a whole, including their conversations and not just when work is done. @missannienow thanks for jumping into the conversation as well. You bring up some really great points on reviews in general.

0 Kudos