Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

I know why they GHOST us!!!

If you've ever put in a request for a service here, like I did the other day, you'll see why everyone ghosts us! It is so difficult to figure out the user interface! It's incredibly difficult to figure out how to get to a place where you can message the pros! I gave up on it last week, and only figured it out now, when I was determined to find out how it works! Customers and surely just coming in and saying ???????? and walking away. But as long as TT got paid, no further user interaction is required.

10 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: I know why they GHOST us!!!

@DefiningImagery I'm happy to hear that you're using Thumbtack from the customer side as well! I'm sorry that your experience was difficult. Can I get more specifics as to what was difficult about finding a pro? Any suggestions or feedback is super helpful for us. 

0 Kudos

As I said, last week I couldn't even figure out how to get back to the interface. The pro declined and I was just brought to the search results list again. I didn't see the tiny thumbnail at top for the one I had reached out to. When I went on there yesterday, determined to figure it out, it still wasn't obvious. I then saw the "show/hide" in the corner and clicked on that several times but couldn't tell what was actually happening. Then finally I noticed the two mini thumbnails at the top and saw that it said "pros contacted". I clicked on that and saw their profiles and exploring around foudn the message button and my request info. I found it becasue I was determined to figure it out becasue I have a financial interest in it. No client is going to bang there head around in there for long. They'll go in and be lost and walk away. And that's why 90% of the people disappear and never respond to us ever, no matter how many messages we send.

Moderator Kameron

@DefiningImagery thanks for clarifying further. We've seen this newest user experience for customers to be the most comprehensive and engaging for them so far, but we're always working to make improvements and I've made sure to pass along your feedback. 

0 Kudos

Interesting response since I was talking to someone a TT and told them about the impossbly confusing user experience and they clearly saw that it was a terrible customer experience and that there was no way people could be finding their way around in there. An hour of looking last week, followed by another hour the other day, and then in there today again, and I accidentally stumbled on part of what I was looking for and found out that there is NO real account that feels to a client like their on their home page. The client feels like they are always in the pros account and never in their own.

Suenue36
Level 5

That's very interesting and makes total sense. I often wonder why I don't hear back even after writing a thoughtful, professional reply to a customer. I'm sorry that it's happening to you as well, but it is nice to hear though that it's happening to other people as well. Is Thumbtack going to fix this? 

It's happening to all of us. No, they won't' fix it because its a pro user experience issue, not a client user experience issue, so it doesn't negatively impact TTs bottom line. In fact, its a benefit to them because the customer is likely to end up reaching out to additional pros, which increases TTs earnings per customer.

Moderator Kameron

@DefiningImagery @Suenue36 I recommend taking a look at Marcos response to a similar question in our recent Q&A HERE. This is something we're working hard to help reduce in order to help pros win enough jobs overall to make the investment in Thumbtack worth it, even when there are those leads that don't result in a hire.

0 Kudos

So, what are these mysterious tips on what to do when they don't respond? Why are they hidden and why do we have to ask the moderators for them? Ok, spill... I'm listening... what do we do to get them to repsond when they ghost us? It's imperitive to know the secret, since 95% of them just ghost us and we've paid for nothing.

It's a no-brainer that you've got to calculate dead leads into your ROI. You've got to figure COA for any marketing so you know if it's worth the investment... so he was just talking in circles. There were no tips, and no hard facts on what's being done to change it. So, please provide that info.

It's interesting that for the past 3 yrs running, I've spent approx $3400 per year on TT leads. As I've always said, it doesn't matter if you pay for 10 leads that are 90% trash at $10 each or one lead at $100 that's filtered out 90% of the trash, it's still the same $100. If you sold one job from it, your COA is $100. There is a benefit to the new system that we no longer have to spend time bidding on all those dozens of leads a day that never responded and had no intentions of ever hiring. I'm still paying the same amount, and the hired jobs haven't increased (in fact they've massively decreased), but at least I'm not spending all that time writing bids that go nowhere. The ones I'm submitting still go nowhere though. So, what's the secret??? And why is it a secret? Again, just a bunch of circular talk where words are coming out but there's no actual content.

Julius
Level 7

Now that is an eye opener. Thank you for posting and alerting the community.
0 Kudos