Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
HansenJC
Level 10

I need a license to be a Home Inspector but 4 / 29 of my competitors are not licensed.

My Illinois Home Inspector's license is 450.011545. Four of 29 of my competitors in the category of Home Inspectors do not hold a Home Inspectors License. They include Electrician, Chimney Sweep, Water Treetment, and Plumber.

Do you have competitors who do not hold the proper license in the category that you are in?

Look up you competition. Are they really skilled in your category? Is this simply a flaw in the TT Profile Ranking Software? If it is a software flaw, it needs to be fixed.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
12 responses
HansenJC
Level 10

Re: I need a license to be a Home Inspector but 4 / 29 of my competitors are not licensed.

Let's all help Thumbtack sort this out. Even if you are not in a licensed category, seach in your area for any type of business that is required to be licensed in your state. Examples might be Plumbers, Chimney Sweeps. You can choose any license to see the list of pros in your area. They do not need to be your competitors.

I just did a search for a chimney sweep and I found a handiman from California included in my list of potential Pros to do this type of work. And in Illinois, it is very hard to believe that a handiman in California would have a chimney sweep license in Illinois.

Do any search for a licensed Pro in your area and share your results here. No names please. This is not about finger pointing at an unlicensed Pro when it is very likely a Thumbtack software issue.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

Newest Pro gets his License verified while TT will not verify mine.

This is unfair.

When I renewed my State of Illinois Home Inspector license last year, I tried to get it verified by Thumbtack. After several ettempts and a chat session I was told that Thumbtack no longer verifies Home Inspector's Licenses. So how did the new Pro get his license verified?

I deserve to be listed as having my license "Verified" if the new Pro is listed that way.

Thumbtack is giving the new Pro an unfair advantage over me.

The new pro has ZERO reviews.

The new Pro has three photos that are stock internet artwork with advertising copy superimposed over the image and none of ther photos are from any inspection he has done.

The new Pro has not filled out his profile with any details.

The new Pro does not have a photo of himself in his profile.

This is plainly not fair to me.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
cranichik
Level 8

Re: Newest Pro gets his License verified while TT will not verify mine.

@Kameron @Meckell Can someone answer HansenJC question? It is a relevant one.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: I need a license to be a Home Inspector but 4 / 29 of my competitors are not licensed.

@HansenJC we expect all pros to obtain the needed licensing and credentials in order to follow their state and local laws to do their service. We have recently changed the type of licenses we verify on Thumbtack and unfortunately, Home Inspection licenses isn’t one we verify at this time. You mention that there's another pro who has a verified license on his profile. Is it another license that's not Home Inspection?

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

@MeckellYes, I sent you a PM with details of a Pro who has a verified license and has a license that is not for Home Inspections.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

@Meckell  In this case, it would only seem fair that TT would remove ALL verification of Home Inspector licenses for EVERY Home Inspector. We deserve to be presented to the Job Posters on an equal footing. Right now there are some Pros who are verified and other pros who are not.

Please be fair to all Home Inspectors.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

@MeckellI have answered this in detail before this, but since you asked, I will review where we are on your question. There are four TT Pros who have licensed such as (1) Plumbing, (2) Electrician, (1) Chimney Sweep, and a possible one for Water Treatment. In all four cases these Pros and the Water Treatment Pro appear in a search for Home Inspectors in many of the zip codes surrounding my areas that I serve. They do not in fact have a Home Inspector's License. I also do not believe that they have specified that they provide the service of Home Inspections. I really think what is happening is that they have checked the box that they wish to be sent leads for "Related Job Requests". The TT program is not differentiating whether the leads are ones that they are rightfully licensed for. This is caused by a lack of a one-to-one match between services and job requests. I simply cannot believe these pros play an active role in this issue.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@HansenJC the option to “Suggest jobs related to my services” wouldn’t have that type of effect on a pro showing up in the search results for a certain category. Instead, that option simply sends pros a related job type that could apply through their Jobs tab. If you look at the search results for home inspection in your area I do see some of the various pros that you’ve mentioned. If they are showing up in the home inspection list then it means it is one of the various services that they offer and are not showing up in the search results by mistake.

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

Credentials - I wish I could add my license, but TT won't let me.

Yes this is one step above annoying. And for others who have a license verified by TT you may not have this issue.  But I am constantly being shown this suggestion to add my license and then TT will not allow me to add my license.

Suggestion: Bring back license verification for Home Inspectors. I was  once verified by TT when I first started, but now I am not. My Illinois Home Inspector's License number is 450.011545

Suggestion: Until you bring back license verification for the Home Inspection service, stop the program from telling me that it would be a good idea. It just reminds me that the program is driven way too much by marketing and not driven enough by logic. (I prefer the programs like TT to be logic based.)

Suggestion: Please stop promoting a licensed plumber in the Home Inspection Service when he has no Home Inspection license. His rank gets a boost from TT because he has a Plumbing License but I doubt he has ever done a Home Inspection in his life. This boost puts his profile above mine when it should not even be shown in the Home Inspection Service.

Suggestion: Stop verifying the licenses of Plumbers, and Electricians, and Chimney Sweeps. I should not have to compete on a field that is slanted in their favor by Thumbtack. The businesses are being shown to people looking for Home Inspections and these businesses are NOT licensed Home Inspectors. Names and profiles available upon request.

Add a License .png

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections