results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
fixfitness
Level 6

Re: Credentials - I wish I could add my license, but TT won't let me.

I couldn’t agree with you more. I get these messages all the time. It’s annoying considering there is no such license required OR available on the Thumbtack drop down menu for the service categories my business is listed under.

There are other pros in the area that have listed licenses that are completely irrelevant to the field, yet the get improved ranking for this in the search results?!
0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@HansenJC
I also had asked why I can't add my license. When asked, I was told for DJ services it wasn't required. My response was if I was able to add my license, it would weed out the DJ Wannabes. More venues are requiring DJ's to be licensed and insured. Thumbtack told me to add in my profile that I am licensed, but majority of Job Posters never read an entire profile.
Perhaps Thumbtack will take to heart and allow you and I to add our licenses. This is 2019, and in this day and age, being licensed is protecting us, as is being insured.

DJ Stevie 6-12-2019
0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

For the question I have asked TT, I never really receive an answer. When I joined Thumbtack, I was able to have TT verify my home Inspector's license. They told me it was a good idea. And now my profile suffers because it is not verified. Now TT no longer verifies Home Inspectors. Why? <Crickets> (I think they sorta said something vague like: "we may consider it for the future." (Paraphrased) Well, more than half of all states (27) have licensing for Home Inspectors. The answer from TT makes no sense, so I am left with guessing or inventing my own rationale.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos