results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Alitta
Level 5

I was not paired

First of all, my business is promoted; therefore I pay upfront for "blind leads."

In the last couple of days, it happened not once that I was not automatically paired with the right customer. When I checked to potential customer's request, everything matched with my settings. Yes, I double checked my settings!

Why do I pay for TT for being promoted if they don't match me with the right leads??? I had to quote manually which is fine, but by the time I noticed that there are new jobs, they had already contacted other PROs. It is not fun like this!

Anyone else has the same experience?

Occupations (1)
States
7 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: I was not paired

@Alitta to clarify are you saying that you're seeing jobs in the Jobs Tab that matched your settings yet you weren't contacted for directly? If this is the case then those customers likely chose to reach out to another pro through the search results, but they were sent to you in your Jobs Tab for you to quote on since you were also a good match.

0 Kudos
Alitta
Level 5

"PAID You got 20% off!
You paid for this lead because the job matches your preferences." - what does this mean then???
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Let's take a closer look to make sure we're on the same page. If you'll send me a direct message with any customer names and examples I can start working to clear up these questions for you.

0 Kudos
Alitta
Level 5

Okay, I started to see the "big picture"... if the customer does not contact me, I am not charged, but the requests will appear among the "JOBS".

Moderator Kameron

@Alitta that's right, while promoting your business customers can reach out to you directly and the charge will be immediate. If they reach out to other pros directly, you may see the job show up in the Jobs Tab and you can still let them know that you're a good match. You'll pay in those cases if the customer responds to your quote. 

0 Kudos
Alitta
Level 5

... the question is, why I was not contacted? I think I am down in the ranking... =(
However, changing my Travel Preferences only brought me false customer contacts. People like to randomly hit the "when are you available" button just not to answer later at all. PROs should not be charged when a potential customer does not continue the conversation. If there were no automated answer options, they were forced to compose their sentences, and that would reflect more serious interest. Hitting an automated message button is to easy. Besides, I bet there is no warning next to that button that they should consider twice hitting it because the PRO must pay for it... (ha-ha, TT has no interest in doing that...)

Moderator Kameron

@Alitta I've listed the ways to rank higher in search results along with some attached links. These can also be attributed to higher customer engagement. We’re here to support you, so if you’ve tried the recommendations and tips within these links and still aren’t finding success - let us know!

1. Improve your profile
  2. Promote your profile
  3. Respond quickly
  4. List your prices
  5. Get lots of great reviews