results: 10
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Mike2
Level 5

Leads

I received a lead yesterday and you showed how fast the other leads responded. 6 contractors is to high. It is the reason you call a lead and they scream you are harassing them and they hang up.
8 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Leads

@Mike2 I can see where you're coming from with this. Your point is actually one of the many reasons why we moved to this new system. Customers are now in control of how many pros they reach out to or respond to initially and share their information with. 

0 Kudos
catmaven
Level 6

Sorry, I couln't reply to a post on Lead Disatisfaction. I've checked my Advanced Settings. Lately have been getting leads from WI, Grand Rapids. MI, amd IN. I DON"T GO TO THESE PLACES, so why am I getting leads from them? Saying it's a "partial match" just won't wash. The only thing matching is the job, the not the location. And some of the leads say I have to pay for them, others do not. Please advise. I've only had one client hire me in 2019 and the pet sit isn't till June.

Moderator Meckell

@catmaven I'm happy to look into this but need a little more clarification. Are these jobs that you're referring to in your Jobs tab? 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 11

@Kameron 

I'm confused! What did you mean about when you told @Mike2 "Your point is actually one of the many reasons why we moved to this new system. Customers are now in control of how many pros they reach out to or respond to initially and share their information with. "

I may be wrong but wasn't he saying that 6 contractors is too high. And if he calls the lead, they get upset with him and hang up? So how  is that a reason that Thumbtack moved to the new system?

Moderator Meckell

@DJStevie what Kameron's saying is if the customer chooses to reach out to 6 pros, it's up to them. Whereas in the past, customers could automatically get responses from up to 15 pros without asking for it. They’re in control and if they decide how many pros to reach out to, they should expect to possibly get phone calls and messages from those pros.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 11

@Meckell 

Thanks for clarifying, as his statement was very confusing. But not to be disrespectful, in essence, the customers are in control and that is why Promote came to be? So Pros are in the dark until we get a conversation starter? What about having Pros in control, after all , we pay to use the service, not the customers. You and other reps know my feelings about Promote and wanting to see things ahead of time and not be surprised.

Mike2
Level 5

I agree we pay upfront then find out the lead is not what was we expected it to be or the "customer " never replies.
MR
Level 10

@Kameron 

In your earlier post you responded that:

Your point is actually one of the many reasons why we moved to this new system. Customers are now in control of how many pros they reach out to or respond to initially and share their information with. 

And to further Kameron's point, @Meckell , you wrote: They’re in control and if they decide how many pros to reach out to, they should expect to possibly get phone calls and messages from those pros.

So then, here, you are confirming that the lead picked 6 pros, then likely got angry because 6 pros were pursuing the lead's job that the lead posted. It would seem that if this is true, this is a poor lead who is the source of his/her own frustrations - and thus out of good faith / integrity of the system would you consider that all 6 pros should be refunded for any fees paid pursuing this lead and block any low rating reviews this lead may post?