Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33701: Fraudulent leads?
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
yeeditor
Level 5

Leads

Why have qualified leads virtually disappeared (again)? For most of this year I received more qualified leads than I could handle. Suddenly I've now gotten exactly one in six weeks, and that was a ghost. Has Thumbtack exhausted its advertising budget for the year, or is there some other reason for this dropoff?

5 responses

Re: Leads

Thanks for reaching out about this @yeeditor I have passed on your concerns on to our product team. With the holidays and such coming up, it could very well just be a slow time of year for your service. Definitely keep an eye on it and keep us updated! 

0 Kudos
thattechjeff
Level 5

Leads for me have dropped dramatically in recent weeks

this may just be in my industry, or it could be because of the holiday coming up. However I have noticed that since the last big change at thumbtack my leads have dropped dramatically. I have always hit my budget by Thursday of each week in the past.

Since Thumbtack made the change in the way it charges us a few weeks ago I've been lucky to hit 60% of my budget.
yeeditor
Level 5

Leads

Book Editors: Have any of you experienced a dramatic dropoff in leads? For most of this year I received more leads than I could handle. Since mid-October I have seen one qualified lead and it was a ghost. Previously I was getting more than 1000 views per week. This past week it was zero. That is virtually impossible. Something had to have changed internally in Thumbtack, but when I called I was told that it is probably just "a lull". That makes no sense. The same thing happened in 2018 when I didn't receive a lead for six months while TT was changing the manner in which it displayed the "Editing"category. I suspect something similar has happened again. Since I obtain 90% of my business through Thumbtack this literally puts me out of business. Feedback welcome.

0 Kudos

I remember a big deal was made a few years ago that TT was doing a nationwide marketing campaign.

I saw a total of 1 TV ad.

I have yet to see anything else in Phoenix, AZ.

No TV, web ads, print, billboards. NOTHING.

TT is now a $1.3B company. Can't they do something FOR the Pro's instead of just taking?

@PhoenixPhotog there was a similar question asked about Thumbtack advertising in a recent town hall with our CEO. Be sure to check out the post and video here: 2019 Year-End Pro Town Hall with Marco.

0 Kudos