results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
CCoen
Level 6

Re: Let’s talk about becoming a Top Pro

Solved! Jump to solution
Yes I got a two-star review from a person that never hired me. He was out of my travel rings and called me at 8:30 p.m. and wanted me to travel 45 miles one way. I don't know how you can post that review!
0 Kudos
Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey @JCWEX, thanks for your question! We also got similar concerns about bad reviews from these pros: 

@Randizzle55 @Marv @Ironman18 @Helenbasinger @Shammy @DebbieA @bcwhitaker

We know that a single bad review can have a big impact on your rating. In some cases, that one review may have prevented you from becoming a Top Pro. And that’s really frustrating. But you can always recover from a bad review and become a Top Pro in the next cycle! For more information on our review policy, check here.

I'd also encourage you to reply to that bad review if you haven't, so that potential customers can see your response.  

Beyond that, here are some ways to rebuild your rating after a bad review:

1. Ask past customers for a review. You’re doing great work, and your customers want to see you succeed! But often they forget to leave a review once the work is over. So feel free to politely remind them!
  2. Import reviews from Facebook and Google. They won’t count as “verified” reviews, but they will help you stand out to customers. Remember that you need 5 verified reviews averaging at least 4.8 stars over the previous 12 months to qualify.
  3. Get more jobs. Try promoting your profile or checking the jobs tab to book more projects. And respond quickly to all leads! This will help build a track record of great customer service.

Last thing I'd say: we know that having a lot of great reviews matters a whole lot more than having one bad one.  So don't worry too much about the bad review! Keep working hard to get the good ones, which you're clearly capable of doing (your reviews are amazing! great work!).  The good will bury the bad, and make it clear to customers that the one bad review is in no way representative of the service you're able to provide.

I know you can be a Top Pro in July. And we'll be rooting for you.

Let us know how else we can help,

Jason

Randizzle55
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Why are you guys not directly responding to us as promised? The copied and pasted reply that I was tagged in has absolutely nothing to do with my situation. I get that you don’t want to water down the platform with Top Pros, but I definitely EARNED MY SPOT, and then after the cycle ended, but before anyone issued the top pro badges, I got a one star review. THAT COUNTS TOWARDS THE NEXT CYCLE! So give me the Top Pro badge. I don’t understand how complicated this is to understand.
0 Kudos
itap
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I am very new at Thumbtack and Im already noticing how many views I'm receiving.  However, even with so many views, only a few respond.  After initiating contact with those who do respond with answers to their questions and my rates, I have heard nothing back from them.  Are there any pointers on how to get hired?  Or, what kind of response do you give when someone does contact you that helps seal the deal?  I am not sure if my prices are scaring them off or my response to them (which is usually a friendly hello, answer any questions they have and give prices).  Thank you!

Highlighted
Marv
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
First of all never apologize for the price that you charge if you’re good at what you do it doesn’t matter you can’t please everyone

And if your responses to the customer do not seem right then you call customer service and they’ll reverse the charges🤗
RevDrLCT
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

@itap Welcome to Thumbtack! If you think your prices might be scaring people off, check what other pros are doing. You can use your Insights tab for that. When you go into notifications, you can see how you compare to your competition in your geographic area. When I started, I priced myself really low-- in part, to begin to get jobs and reviews. Every year I increase my prices and I am still not as expensive as some others. However, as my reviews build and my reputation builds, I can get more clients.

When I write to the clients, I let them know I am available and (within reason) their wish is my command! I am a Wedding Officiant and want to make their day as stress-free as possible. I meet with the couples at a restaurant or coffee shop and we can see if we are a good fit for each other. Often we spend much of the meal laughing and getting acquainted. Generally, what seems to work is that the couple feels comfortable with me and knows I will respect their wishes (as long as no somersaults are involved!) Good luck!

HVACPRO
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Thumbtack is a review based service. As a top pro I strive to have the highest rating possible as it does give you an edge in getting jobs. That being said. How in the world do you allow verified reviews from customers we have never worked for? How is this in anyway fair? I have 39 reviews 36 5 star ratings 2 4 star ratings and 1 1star rating. That 1star rating came from someone we did not work for. Explain to how that’s fair and how that’s looking out for your Top Pros? 

JCWEX
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Dealing with the same issue. I had a customer tell me a dirt cheap price was so expensive. So I gave him advice on that and he got all mad and wrote me a horrible review and I never even did business with him. For some reason it comes up as the second review when the customer views my page. I’ve had 20 good reviews since then. Crazy

Solved! Jump to solution

To that end, why are customers allowed to give reviews at all before service has been rendered.  Perhaps we, as contractors, don't want reveiws from some clients.  I submit that reviews should only be available upon invitation from the contractor!

JustNjoysb
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

When you mark yoursefl hired you can opt out of sending a review until you do so. That feature does not work on the app obviously as you can not mark yourself hire. I do it all of the time. If i want a review i will go in and send it on my own time.