Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Re: Let’s talk about becoming a Top Pro

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey @Marv,

Top Pros on Thumbtack consistently deliver a great experience for their customers, and that’s what makes them top notch. We base our criteria on what our customers are looking for.

Customers want to connect with a pro who have a track record of great projects - that’s why we care about your rating (at least 4.8) and number of reviews (at least 5 verified reviews).

We care about your response rate because customers also want to hear back from you as soon as possible, so they can get their projects underway. Of course, we know you have a day job, which is why we only ask that you respond within 24 hours at least 75% of the time..

Other factors, like having a great profile or promoting your profile, are a great way to stand out on Thumbtack, but don’t directly affect your Top Pro status.  At least right now Smiley Happy

In terms of # of years on Thumbtack, we don’t currently include this as a criteria because it doesn’t necessarily predict whether a pro will be able to deliver an exceptional customer experience - new and veteran pros alike are capable of offering a 5-star experience.  Of course, we still show the number of years you’ve been on Thumbtack on your profile, so customers will see if you have more experience. And we also show all the Top Pro badges you’ve earned over time, so a customer will see if you’ve made Top Pro year over year. This is our way of helping veteran pros stand out, without giving them an unfair advantage.  I hope that makes sense!

Also tagging a few other pros who asked similar questions about how we chose our criteria! 

@Marv @Ironman18 @Tovicand

View solution in original post

Ironman18
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Ya putting the issues aside for now as things work there way out from lead generations..
Being a TopPro isn't just a badge for thumbtack it's a badge that represents quality within itself kinda like a brand but its our company,hey I got 19 reviews ima 4.9 rated at 5stars,Hey I'll wear that badge cause that's me and I'll promote that socially "right"?if I'm not landing jobs here I'm looking for them lol but heck ya I want to be a 20yr time TopPro,My trucks almost to where I want it at and when someone wants it this yr,bet this baby handyman contractor has the 10 ply railroad truck lol,My badges represent quality assurance reviews for future business agreements,like anything its business,Thx ThumbTack for a $60 bid that landed $10k in multiple jobs in 1 lead
Like allways,Thx to the Tack #IronHandyMan #IronMan
#cabanaman #rjshandymanservices.com
#rjsgutterpatrol.org
#ThumbstakesTopPros
Eric
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

@Ironman18 Congratulations on becoming a Top Pro!!! If you have a website or FaceBook page, put that Badge on there and be proud! The badge lets people know you care about your work and you are a professional that can be trusted! Keep up the good work!

Don1228
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Thumbtack has been very good to me. I've earned THOUSANDS with it. But with the change made late last year, I don't know who has viewed my profile because I've not received even one hit!

My profile is strong; my prices are very competitive; and yet nothing.
I honestly think that the change tipped the scales away from the fairer method of getting business than this--at least for me.

What are your thoughts?
Eric
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

@Don1228 

It’s so great to hear that you’ve seen so much success on Thumbtack! Congratulations!

For some pros in some industries, To be sure, the number of leads may have has decreased with the new system.  However, the quality of the leads is much better. Much less time now sending out quotes that aren’t accepted or reviewed.

You should also consider promoting your business on Thumbtack!  Promoting your business will help you rank higher, which means more customers will see your profile and reach out to you for their project.  You’ll also get a 20% discount on all leads. You should try it! Check out this article: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/respond-to-reviews

Other than that, take a look at your profile with fresh eyes (especially your photos and your descriptions).  That’s your storefront and the best way to stand out and get hired!

Randizzle55
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
We had the stats for top pro. Then got a one star review (with no text) AFTER the deadline but before you guys made the top pro announcement. Why did that review, which came AFTER the deadline, keep us from becoming Top Pro?!
ThatGutsy
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution

I've been a highly rated Thumbtack Pro for a number of years, starting in the Chicago area, where I at least landed a number of quality jobs at a fair cost per lead.  Since moving to SW Michigan (and since you've changed your pricing / promoting structure a number of times) that has dwindled down to virtually nothing.   For one thing, it appears that people don't want to pay a fair price for the level of quality, experience, depth and breadth of services,  especially the valuable, cut-to-the-chase, specialized food and health services that I provide.   

But in reality, I have no way of really knowing.  There is no realistic system for communicating with customers during this process.  For example, your "accept or decline" only choices do not support your professionals or foster good customer service when there is no way (without paying $22.35 eg)  to indicate that "I'm booked during that time, but would love to work with you at another time."  And I've paid out a lot of money for what appear to be tire kickers.   People simply don't respond back.  And now your prices, (along with your frequently changing marketing programs, which I really don't understand)  are disproportionate and have gone through the roof, making it difficult to justify using Thumbtack, which I've loved in the past, for getting jobs.. ROI just isn't there. Apparently I am not the only one with these sentiments.  In fact on just about all of  these comments in this thread, virtually everyone is saying the same thing.   I really hope that you guys are listening and will address these issues that are being brought up,  Directly and specifically.     Thank you..   Nancy Lee Bentley 

Eric
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

@ThatGutsy 

Accept the lead.  Build some initial rapport with the customer.  Then explain that you have a schedule conflict.  If they like you work, often the customer will adjust their schedule.  If they can’t, then you couldn’t have done the job anyway.

I did not realize this, but learned recently, that we need to mark our calendars on Thumbtack. I assumed the jobs were automatically posted on the calendar, but they don’t. We need to block the dates/times on the calendar.

Highlighted
Pete1
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
First, talk to me how I can make some money by getting customers - I send quotes to the few leads thrown my way, but never seem to hear back. How do you deal with that? Is there anyway you can improve tie scenario for me so I have some clients at least?
itap
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Pete1-I am having the same issue.  I hope we get a response for this.