results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
VelvetO
Level 6

Re: Let’s talk about becoming a Top Pro

Solved! Jump to solution
Agreed.

Velvet Oasis Events
0 Kudos
Eric
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

@WeddingGuyRob

I only send out the request for review after the work is finished.  For me, I request the review when the client first sees their photo’s.  The timing on this would vary according to your industry or service. I try to catch the client when they are at their highest level of excitement.  But for some industries, it actually might make sense to get a review earlier. For example, customers want to know that you’re responsive, communicative and professional throughout the entire process, even before the project is complete.  

The more reviews you have, the better - they help you stand out and get hired more by more customers! So just focus on delivering great service, so that you can get as many great reviews as possible.  And don’t hesitate to ask for reviews. I think this article is helpful:

https://help.thumbtack.com/article/ask-for-reviews

CCoen
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I used to get a ton of jobs on Thumbtack. I have recently started using another website which is overwhelming my business so what are you guys doing?
1stStep
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Would love to know where your getting the best leads from so I can try it in my area. I’m getting charged $75 for fence jobs and the people aren’t even looking at my responses, I spent over $600 on leads last month for nothing
Highlighted
Eric
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

@JCWEX

Contact Thumbtack and explain that you haven’t interacted with this client.  I have received spurious negative reviews on Yelp from potential clients who did not like my pricing.

And keep focusing on getting great reviews! Customers pay attention to those, and they’ll bury even an unfair negative one.  It looks like you have lots of good reviews. Congratulations! Don’t worry too much about one bad one.

HVACPRO
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I have tried numerous times to get this removed via Thumbtack “support “ to no avail. How can some give you a bad review on your prices if they are choosing you from your profile via promote and your price is list ahead of time. 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I have the same issue.

One person who I never worked with, and who gave me a one star rating, Thumbtack did actually remove. The other was a woman who said she wanted me to work with her son (suffering from trauma), then switched to herself at the last minute. We talked and after 30 minutes we both decided we were not right for each other and I immediately sent her money back.  I was extremely polite and professional.

I think it is dangerous for the reputation of the professional that people can rate someone without us having agreed that we actually worked with that person.

Marv
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
It’s funny how things have changed with Thumbtack from five years ago

that happened to me with a customer that refused to pay and I immediately called Thumbtack and sent them all the verbiage emails that we had back-and-forth to each other and they blocked her from leaving me a review now things have changed and customers are allowed to just all willy-nilly send reviews but if this ever happens to you again immediately call Thumbtack before letting a day, hour or min go by and report the customer
Eric
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

@Marv 

Yes, I agree, if you get an bogus review, definitely contact Thumbtack and explain the situation. Thanks for posting in the Q&A!

nomadnixon
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
They have to fix this!! Same thing happened to me.