results: 10
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
John
Level 5

Re: Let’s talk about becoming a Top Pro

Solved! Jump to solution
The post process does not work?????

Says to correct highlighted areas - but there are no highlighted areas ?????
0 Kudos
John
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I was s top pro in 2017 and 2018.

I did not achieve top pro for 2019. The reason is - Thumbtack elects to NOT count verified updated reviews from long term clients if they submitted an earlier review so I lost out by 1 review.

I think the policy of NOT accepting a revised VERIFIED review is a bad policy and should be changed.

Also - the new pricing structure and the seemly lower desirability of potential students - has made me use referrals and other web resources to get students.

I really wish Thumbtack would go back to how it operated in 2016, 2017 and stop the 2018 nonesense changes.

Thanks

John Bishop
0 Kudos
Ma
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I'm getting fewer leads now than I was before becoming a top pro. I am paying more each week and hundreds of people are viewing me but fewer are calling. I'm afraid I still don't fully understand all of the changes you have made and could use a more thorough explanation.
Rjc
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I was a Top Pro for 2 years ( solid 5 star reviews) then I had to back out of a job because the client was abusive and lying and changing our agreements. I contacted TT Pro support immediately for help before the review was written. TT assured me that since I had so many glowing reviews one bad one wouldn’t effect my status. Guess what? It did and I havent been able to attain Too Pro status again.
Too bad TT has no heart and treated me like an algorithm - I am your customer TT and you have lost sight of that.
0 Kudos
CCoen
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I used to qualify as a top Pro until you stop sending me jobs. You guys keep telling me it's in your profile that never mattered before. I have been with you guys at least 5 years done probably for 500 jobs now I'm lucky to get one or two a week instead of one or two a day. Send me the jobs and I will mail it guaranteed. Have you done the math 5 pros bidding is better than taking all the money from one produce a an estimate and never hear back from them. I have a plumber First Response usually gets the job but it seems to me your hand picking the pros send the leads to what's up with that?
Highlighted
Shammy
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
CCoen, I am here with you!
0 Kudos
asatluvr
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

my problem with this system is I never get enough offers from the area in which I live,,,I have adjusted my miles; but most of the offers I recieve are too far away from me and nobody wants to drive my way when there are so many teachers closer to the,...also, I keep getting "needs entertainment offers" and I never put that on my page...not compaining, I want students and need to know how to connect...theses last few months have been bad for me, I suffer from a painful medical condition; but my goal is to become a sucessful guitar teacher this year. Thx for reading....Doc

Rhino
Level 4

Re: I am a Pro.

Solved! Jump to solution

Good Afternoon,

I am Mark Mahurin the owner of Mj interiors and exteriors. I have used Thumbtack for about 10 months now. I was a top pro in July I believe, my question, or maybe concern is, I spend quite a bit of money for leads, howver sometimes you get charged when the customer canels a project, or goes another direction, is there a way to get reimbersed maybe not all of the fees but at least some? I have a couple of emails in my inbox to where a customer either went with someone else or canceled the project all together. I feel the canceled projects should be fully refunded or a credit of some sort, where as going the other direction maybe just a flat rate of say $10.00 or something like that. Of course many time when the customer goes another direction it was because a bid was to high, and I cant see how that is Thumbtacks issue. I dont know if you have a lot of contractors leave the site, but I will attest that this site has kept me afloat through some of the slower times, such as Christmas, and just winter in general. I am in no way dissatified, but am concerened with some of the money I am throwing away that I feel should be compensated for. Thank you for your time in this matter.

Mark E. Mahurin

Mj int/ext

636-493-8300

636-387-8362

Thank you,
The MJ Team.
Moderator Meckell

Re: I am a Pro.

Solved! Jump to solution

@Rhino I understand how it can be frustrating when a customer doesn't respond or cancels their project. We connect you with the customer and what you're paying for is the initial contact. So although it's not within our refund policy to compensate your for the leads that don't pan out, we can certainly look into your account and see what else can be done to further engage those possible customers. I'm happy to help in any way that I can. Just send me a private message and we can get started. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank you to everyone who participated in our Top Pro Q&A. We heard a lot of great questions and appreciate all of the suggestions that were shared about improving the program. 

We'll be closing this conversation to keep things relevant and organized in the Community as we've done in past Q&A's.

0 Kudos