Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
FurnitureMD1
Level 1

Re: Let’s talk about becoming a Top Pro

Solved! Jump to solution
Having an easy way to send a note to the client for a review after we have performed the work. Being able to access the customer info after we have been working with them from the initial contact
Eric
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

@FurnitureMD1

It is very easy to use Thumbtack to request a review.  The link shows up in the same screen as the chat. You can learn more here: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/ask-for-reviews

Solved! Jump to solution

What is the cost of Top Pro and the duration of the cost?

Can it wait until April payment/designation-badge when lawn maintenance/landscaping begins?

Is there constant monitoring (Example monthly or end-of-year monitoring) to see that Top Pro standards are still justified and can be taken off Top Pro status?

Is there survey that shows Statistical Success Difference for those with the Badge?

Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Solved! Jump to solution

@greenmissionsOH, thanks for posting!

All great questions.  Let me answer each:

1) There is no cost to becoming a Top Pro! We just ask that you meet three criteria: 

• Be fast: respond within 24 hours at least 75% of the time when you get a new lead
  • Do great work: maintain an average star rating of 4.8 or higher. Remember that only verified reviews over the previous 12 months are counted. 
  • Ask for reviews: get at least 5 verified reviews over the past 12 months.

2) We qualify new classes of Top Pros twice a year - once in January and once in July.   In both cases, we're looking at your previous 12 months.  So in July, we'll be looking at your stats on Thumbtack from July 2018 till July 2019.  You can learn more about this part of the program here.  And don't worry! July will be here before you know it, and we'll be rooting for you every step of the way! 

3) We currently send a monthly Top Pro eligibility report that lets you know where you stand and whether you're set to qualify in the next cycle.  Soon, we're going to add this information to your Insights tab, so that you can always see, for example, how many more reviews you need to make Top Pro.

4) The Top Pro badge is great for helping you stand out in search results. On average, customers are more than twice as likely to hire pros who have one.  The badge shows that you’re consistently getting lots of great reviews and responding quickly to your customers. So customers know that you’re qualified and capable of getting their job done well.  They will seek you out!

Hope that answers your questions! Thanks again for participating!

0 Kudos
kara6635
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Will the Top Pro status cut down on the many leads that we receive that don't respond back to us?  I would love to try and become a Top Pro if so!! 

Eric
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

@kara6635

Unfortunately, it’s hard to guarantee that a customer will always respond back.  But being a Top Pro definitely helps to signal to customers that you’re a very talented and capable pro who they should hire!

@kara6635

I get what’s frustrating about not getting a response.I send out a courtesy follow-up reply to see if they are still interested.  If not, it is good to move on.

@kara6635

I realize customers are shopping around and I try to make myself as accessible as possible and let them know the value of selecting me. I will respond to a lead, give them a couple of weeks if they have not responded, and write again. If they don’t reply-- I move on

0 Kudos
kara6635
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I understand not everyone will respond.  It's frustrating when it's 1/20 and quite expensive at about $20 a piece.  I have paid over $500 for one paying client.  I love your Thumbtack platform I just think there's got to be a better way to charge us since there are so many non-responses.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Deborah
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi, this is a problem I have. We are one of the top Pros. We know exactly how you get there and how to remain there. Unfortunately, all of the other movers know how as well. I have found that for some of the movers that are not legitimate companies, their approach is to kick your legs out from under you in lieu of bettering their own business model. Recently, we sustained to negative reviews from individuals for whom we have never worked. One of them went as far as to file a complaint and state that we had damaged their property. When the rubber met the road and it was time for them to verify that we had actually work for them, they disappeared. They have not spoken to Thumbtack again nor would they answer any requests we made to address this fictitious problem. What I need to know is how can we get these reviews removed. It seems that if you guys cannot match up emails to a prospective customer and existing mover that the use stand no matter what. I would greatly appreciate you supporting your clothes, who actually make the payments to bid in lieu of fictitious customers who don't have a dime invested. We spend somewhere in the neighborhood up $2,000 to $3,000 per month would you guys. I would like a little loyalty. Instead, it seems like you're more anxious to kick one of your prose out and believe some individual on the other side of a computer terminal from which you have no history with. This is very disheartening.
Rapid1
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I have been a top pro several times and have not been doing very much work from thumbtack lately but I still get charged for calls that I never accepted or in most of them even recognize
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Rapid1 if you're promoting your services then you'll receive a boost in your search results rank and a 20% discount in lead cost for being more readily available to customers. Another part of this is that you'll be making yourself more available to customers that use the filters to match with your preferences and then decide to reach out to you. The charge for these contacts will be immediate, but if you have certain ones that you're curious about you can check your payments page for your receipts and reach out to us in a direct message with any questions about specific customers. 

0 Kudos