Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Rjc
Level 6

Re: Let’s talk about becoming a Top Pro

Solved! Jump to solution
Not only are we being pushed to use promote but they offer the customer pre-set responses like what is your availability? The customer clicks on that and we get charged for the lead.
0 Kudos
bcwhitaker
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I just lost my Top Pro status because of a couple 4-star ratings which were elicited by Thumbtack before the job was completed (what do you expect when the job is not yet completed?)

I don't know if you're still doing that ... but if you are, you should stop.

RevDrLCT
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

@bcwhitaker So, Thumbtack actually DOES allow reviews before the job is completed. That's because part of giving customers a good experience is being responsive and professional before the service is actually delivered. I am a Wedding Officiant and future clients will want to know that I am in touch with the couple along the way before the wedding-- not just at the wedding rehearsal or wedding itself.

If you feel the review is unfair or not representative of your service, you should email your Thumbtack Success Coach (help.thumbtack.com). If the job has not been completed, that review can be removed. Thumbtack does not want to be used as a source for false reviews.

Thumbtack support is available at 800-948-2034 Monday-Friday 7am-8pm MST. And here’s a link to the help article no getting support: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/how-to-contact-us

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi all you amazing pros! Just a friendly reminder that this thread is specific to questions regarding Top Pro. If your post is more relevant to other threads, it will be moved. Thanks for all of your contribution! 

0 Kudos
Tovicand
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
How about opening a thread titled “Hello Pros, what are your thoughts on Thumbtack and the new process for getting/paying for leads?”

I’m sure your servers would explode!
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Tovicand  glad that you've mentioned this. We've actually had a few Q&A sessions about our pricing and the search results system already. Feel free to search in the Community for "Let's talk about pricing", "Let's talk about Search Results", and "Let's talk about Ranking in Search Results" to read more about those. 

0 Kudos
Aaron_V
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
I was a top pro two years in a row, all of a sudden not any more. Did you add more requirements? I had one negative review from an unknown individual that contract was cancelled, is that why I was dropped from Top pro? All my reviews are 5 stars, my current rating is 4.9 I’m constantly in touch with new customers. I respond within a reasonable time, I just don’t get it on new requirements.
Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey @Aaron_V,

I’m sorry to hear that you missed the cut this time! But congratulations on having been a Top Pro in the past! Remember, only about 4% of all pros currently qualify as Top Pros, so it’s a very big (and rare!) accomplishment.  

We haven’t changed the criteria in over a year, but here’s a refresher.  In order to earn Top Pro status, you need to meet these three criteria:

• Be fast: respond within 24 hours at least 75% of the time when you get a new lead
  • Do great work: maintain an average star rating of 4.8 or higher. Remember that only verified reviews over the previous 12 months are counted. It’s not your lifetime rating, but rather your rating in the last year (in this case, from January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018).
  • Ask for reviews: get at least 5 verified reviews over the past 12 months.

These criteria apply equally and objectively to all Thumbtack pros.  And we qualify pros twice a year: once in January and once in July. So even if you missed the cut this month, you'll have another chance in July! We'll be rooting for you!

If you still have a question about the criteria and why you did or didn’t qualify, send a private message to one of our moderators (@Meckell or @Kameron) and we’ll take a closer look!

Also tagging these pros who asked similar questions about our criteria to become a Top Pro: 

@greenmissionsOH @paul827 @fascinatindance @WeddingGuyRob @Celestra @Aaron_V

Thanks for posting and good luck to you!

DebbieA
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
I was Top Pro for a long time. I didn't make the cut this time. I feel like its because I got a bad review from a customer who was very difficult, couldn't be pleased and disrespected my staff. That review is the very first one people see now. I contacted Thumbtack and tried to have it removed. I was told that it could not be done and my reply is what people looked at. I eventually removed my reply because people did not care about that and it was difficult for me to try to be nice in my reply after the way this man treated my girls and then gave a damaging review. Now people see that review first and do not answer my quotes. Unfortunately, people don't really read the rest of your reviews when they see one like that. You could at least move the bad review down some because it really affects us getting jobs. I am seriously considering dropping out if things don't get better and I have spent alot of money with you over the years. Looking forward to your reply. You really need to figure out what to do about this problem because I see some other pros on here in the same boat.
JCWEX
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Don’t feel bad I had one bad review out of 31 and for some reason thumbtack put it as my third review on my page. I have gotten 20 something review since then but for some reason it’s staying as number three so people can see it and not want to use my company I guess even though I never did work for this gentleman or met him or provided any services. Crazy.