Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
tomdans
Level 6

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

Can you provide any tips on optimizing SEO for location?  Searches for Orange, Connecticut piano tuners bring up results for Orange County, California instead.  Likewise, Berlin, CT piano tuner searches bring up Berlin, Germany results instead.  I cover all of Connecticut, and this is a real problem.

Highlighted
Kidmillions
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Thumbtack went from being a useful tool in the quiver for getting new students in my drum lesson business - to becoming absolutely worthless. This is the tech world in a nutshell. As soon as you removed the human aspect of interaction, where I could respond to inquiries that met my areas of expertise, the functionality of the app and platform dropped to zero. You are framing this question incorrectly. Basically you've evolved this product into an area beyond practicality - where only the top performers will appear in search results and new users won't have a chance to enter into the conversation. Since the changes - I've gotten 1 inquiry. That's in about 3 months. Before at least I had a fighting chance. Honestly who cares about your algorithm and how to game it. Since the changes I've gotten more students with PHYSICAL FLIERS IN THE REAL WORLD.   

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kidmillions be sure to check out a response about sending personalized quotes from one of our PM's in our last Q&A HERE.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I think that ranking should be prioritized by Reviews, ( how good and how many) and should also put Top Pro's first which encourages everyone to continue striving for Top Performance ! I realize there are probably many Top Pro's so there should be a rotation for the top ranking Pro's that include all of the Top Pro's who are rated highest and with the most reviews. It shouldn't be a random rotation but a rotation that continuously shows perhaps the next set of Top Pro's with highest ( or at least high) reviews ... Anyone who is a Top Pro has most likely been on Thumbtack for awhile and worked incredibly hard to achieve that status and should be treated as such,,, loyal Thumb Tack customers who strive to do the best which also makes Thumbtack look great for having professionals with HIGH ratings which will please their customers !

Terrascapes
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
We design, build, repair and maintain waterfeatures-natural rock Koi Ponds, Pondless stream beds, bubbling urns and water-walls. We need them listed on your site and part of your searches to help us out. People are searching for this work every day.
0 Kudos
dpaulish
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Are there any benefits to being a Top Pro for rankings?

0 Kudos
TS2_Digital
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

Will we benefit from using keywords and/or hashtags?

0 Kudos
Thumbtack Employee scottz
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @TS2_Digital,

We want to make sure your profile is as relevant as possible for the customer, so we’ll try to use the content you provide as an input into ranking. Remember that this is one of many factors we use to determine where you rank in search results. Our algorithm is designed to help customers find pros who they want to hire, so focus on making your profile as appealing as possible to customers.

Thumbtack Employee scottz
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

I wanted to also refer these pros to my post above (also linked here). You had similar questions about whether it's helpful to include certain keywords or other specific content in your profile to improve your rank.

@Mcdogdog @Terrascapes @Designalyssa @Etiquetteconnoi

Michaudfit
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I just want to know what I can do in order to rank higher in the searches to ensure i get more interested customers and gain more revenue
0 Kudos