results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Randizzle55
Level 5
I’m all for the new system and all for change! I definitely understand the meaning of patience as TT makes this transition. What I am confused with is why I have to pay when clients aren’t responding at all after choosing me from the search results. I get that your profits sky rocket. But it becomes costly for me to pay for 9 leads before getting 1 contact. Very costly. I just started out about 8 months ago. I’m reading here of people who have been here from the beginning and want to jump ship. That’s scary!? I look forward to the reply, Scott!
- Randy B. w/ Randy’s Handyman Services
Bubba
Level 6
When I started they had credits. I payed somewhere around $1.46 per credit. My usual cost per quote was $4.38 to $7.30. All depending on what the customer was looking for. Now I’m paying $15 to $30 for the same quote. So therefore I’ve had to raise my prices. I’m pretty sure that’s why I’m not hired as many times.
Highlighted
Partyhelpers
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution
I honestly do not like the ranking system at all. I rather pay a montly membership fee like Gig salad offers and reply and quote on gigs as much as i like. I hate spending money just to reply to a gig and then the customer ends up not hiring me at the last minute. Its not righr.
Ms Green
Designalyssa
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I’ve never had much success using Thumbtack and I always wondered if it’s because of my ranking, use of keywords, or money spent on credits.

It’s extremly hard to rank at all because it appears as though the people who do the most jobs get the highest ranks. But when you’re first starting out it’s almost impossible to get a job on Thumbtack without SEVERLY underbidding.

Suggestions?
jcp
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution
In response to your plead “any suggestions “ ...... You are right so don’t feel alone. I’ve been a Top Pro for four years. Highly successful! My business dropped off 100% since the drastic changes. I’ve been in business 20 years so I speak from experience. Look at my profile and reviews. Outstanding. This system does not work for me. So how will it work for someone new??? Read other reviews and make a smart choice as to how you want to move forward. Give it a try if you want - but be smart. That is my suggestion for you.
Champ
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi Scott what is my current rank and level?
0 Kudos
Larry1
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
I am appreciative for this venue of feedback. I have noticed that Im getting fewer jobs now than just a few months ago. Im not sure if its due to your changes or simply competition in my sector. I have found that new companies are getting hired more and ranked higher.

I also have been hired by people who did hire another company which did illegal or crappy work but continue to be on Thumbtack.

I actually saw me fees lowered which I appreciate since my cost of staying on TT as now increased due to the decrease in business. I also notice more "views" which frustrates me that my views doubled but less work.

I continue to tough it out because, again, the age market I target are Thumbtack customers. But I will say that these "referral" type apps are popping up everywhere and people are jumping from one to another like online dating lol. I dont mind the views but I think that the previous bidding process seemed to work better.
I look forward to seeing TT grow and improve but I do suggest it happen soon. Cycles come and go. TT is making wrong moves during peak seasons.
0 Kudos
Wreach
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I kind of understand the search ranking system. The problem I have, is the outrageous pricing. My business is very small, and I do my absolute best to help those who truly need help.. so the majority of my customers can not afford the pricing I would have to up my services too, to use TT. I completely understand TT need to upgrade and improve, my honest opinion TT went to far with the guarantee million. And now TT has to come up with monies to cover this, making all pros pay for it. I have used Thumbtack as a pro and a customer for many years. 2018 was bad, i have turned off everything. Have not spent a dime since July. I keep hoping TT, will get it together, but I see myself deleting my account in 2019. Other venues are better for my business.
Jdrdrains
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Good morning Scott,
I appteciate you guys always trying to generate more leads for us. I think the customer reaching out the you is a great idea, but is not fair that top thumtack pro like myself our ranking lower than newer profile.

Just becuase I don't have the promotion on in one category. Which I think is not fair becuase customers that reach out you that way are not neccessary going to with you like you guys already know alot of times there stil pirce shopping and not serious about the job. So I don't promote myself anymore because I was spending too much and not getting anything in return. I still think I should rank higher with out using the promote feature base on experience and solid profile.

You guys want to offer "the best for your customers" which the top pros we shouldn't have to pay to rank higher that something we deserve becuase of being loyal to tour company for years

I wish Thumbtack would educate more the customers helping them be aware that we do pay a fee to talk to them so they can be a little bit more serious about what they want to do. It just always seem like you think more about the customers than the ones than the pros you have working on behalf of you.
Thumbtack Employee scottz
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @Jdrdrains,

I’d love to understand more about why you don’t want to promote your profile. When you promote your profile in search results, you tell us what jobs you want ahead of time. If a customer searches for a pro for a certain type of job and it’s a job you’ve indicated you want, we know that you’ll likely provide a great customer experience. So we’ll give you a rank boost, 20% off, and you’ll pay automatically. You’re not paying to promote your profile-- you’re just paying for the leads you want.

We’re trying to balance getting you in front of more opportunities with making sure you have control over what leads you pay for. We’re still trying to improve how we do this, so we welcome any feedback on how we can do this better.

0 Kudos