Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
ecoview
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

I think something is wrong with the new system.  I don't get near the same amount of leads that I got with the old system.  What can I do to increase the number of leads?

Charvel6
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Previous system seemed better.  I am a solo acoustic musician, and I am grouped into the "entertainment" category, which is predominately DJ's and bands.  I get very few leads, and the ones I get are for someone wanting me to play for 30 minutes, and hour away, for $40, or someone asking "can you play in my club for $100?"  I can't make this work, but still get charged for the lead. If I don't answer the lead, I will come across as rude.  Also, I believe that if someone does find me on Thumbtack, for what I actually do, it is more likely luck than by direction.

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm seeing from the customer view that some profiles include a purple highlighted note that may say "Great Value" or "In High Demand". Is this determined by the new algorithm, and will you be sharing what these notes are and how to qualify for them? I can see that I'm marked as "Great Value" and I'm curious if that has to do with my pricing compared to other pros in my area and how I might be able to capitalize on that.

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@GrayHouseDogs Awesome question! Another pro asked about those tags as well so be sure to check out my answer to them HERE.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
KPDCreative
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi, Scott -
I am a bit concerned with the new ranking system, as I have been recognized as a top pro for the last several years, and I don't even make the top 10 in any of the surrounding areas I serve. Thumbtack has been a huge part of my business since I am strictly a freelance artist, and I have worked hard for all 54 of my 5 star reviews. I am scared that my business will not be seen at all on Thumbtack searches going forward with this new setup.

Thank you,
Kelli
borsukni
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

My biggest issue is that I have numerous people contacting me asking me when I am avaiable and then never write me. I am charged for this contact.  This is not a legitmate lead or match. Asking me questions that are in my profile. I don't have a problem paying for a legitmate lead, but these people are not serious.  Someone asked me what does a wardrobe stylist do. You cost me money for that lead.  I feel like Thumbtack is looking out for the consumers and not the pros.  I will spend the money if I get quality leads.

KPDCreative
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I have encountered the exact same issue, and it's incredibly frustrating, especially since the new pricing system is much more expensive. I wonder how many others enjoyed the old Thumbtack better.

Solved! Jump to solution
Is the ranking based on our previous ranking? Since we are currently a top pro ,S & C Carpet, will we rank higher than most?
TonyC
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Scott, 

I am curiuos....As your company has noted a large percentage of us DISLIKE all the changes which hace occured.  What prompted Thumbtack to change the format that was used in 2015-2016?   It seems that we were much happier.

I am a massage therapist, I believe my initial quote fee was 1.25..now it is 4.75.....I certainly am not going to respond to a quote request at that price..   Thumbtack is not very popular in my market, that money could be better invested in Yelp or Google.   

I understabd that TT needs to maintain profit margins, but I am sure you will note a huge decrease in Pro's using your service....which sadly I think will lead to the demise of your company

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Scott, 

I am so beyond frustrated with Thumbtack this year.  I started my business in April 2017.  Thumbtack was a huge factor in me taking the plunge and leaving my fulltime high paying job to start my own interior design business.  With the old system, I contacted customers directly and I received a lot of business between May - January.  In 2018, nothing!  I've been in contact with tech support numerous times, I was told I rank #1, have the most reviews, my profile is rock solid, tons of images.... lots of views but no hires.  I have experimented with  promote on and promote off.  Promote on gives me the quickest advantage to getting hired but no personalized reply to try and connect with the potential client  Promote off is like second dibs, but allows me to respond personally.  Neither is working.  The last tech support person suggested I raise my fee, so I did that to be equal with another competitor, still nothing.    I'm truly at a loss here in more than one way....