Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Jessi801
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution
The ranking is that by top pro or by how many reviews you have?
0 Kudos
PFC
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I don't know much about this new ranking system, but from what I'm reading in the comments it doesn't sound good. I can tell you that the majority of the changes Thumbtack has made over the past year plus have affected me negatively. I get less leads and I pay more, and many of the contacts are just people looking for quotes. In some instances before Thumbtack took away the ability to see this I could see several pros being contacted and returning a response for one customer which means Thumbtack got paid 2 or $300 for one contact. Now when I view my competition there is virtually no usable information in there. I can't see any price ranges I can't see which Pro was hired I can't see anything that's valuable. I have begun searching for other ways to generate leads then this method that's costing me more and getting me less. Not happy
Gartob
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Why don’t you explain how the ranking and pricing works straight forward no BS. The recent changes to TT has been devastating for me for 2 years. I received 4 to 5 quality jobs a month. That number has dropped to 2 jobs in the past 6 months. Whatever you are trying to do is not working. All I see in the comments is complaints about the new system. Weren’t you making enough money with the old system? Now all your customers are making less.
JustinPro
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I honestly believe that our ability to interact with customers is what was getting us all leads in the past. With all the automation we have less ability to connect.
tiacn
Level 4

Re: my company needs a more exact ranking, we offer services nation wide

Solved! Jump to solution

when i joined the thumbtatck service to find new customers  i wanted hekp setting up my peofile and  to startbuilding a business in the Los Angeles Arae and now  today i want to ask support to help me with a support person made  to fit in my  businesss i own a  business in side of a large organaztion  So my Ranking will be  for the  mother business which has a 25  years in business.  we offer security and automation,  hi speed internet  Bundle packages, TV, Digital Phone, Internet, Wireless Cell phones, from one platform. We are ACN, Inc.

0 Kudos
RCPS
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

@scottz, thanks for starting this conversation.  Can search results PLEASE offer an option of a package price vs. hourly rate?  I do NOT charge my services hourly and I feel that forcing me to put an approximate figure is giving the perception that my pricing is too high.  I know how my target market thinks and package pricing is more palatable than looking at it on an hourly basis.

PLEASE give us the option to include this in search results.  I've had 160+ views of my profile over the past four weeks and have had ZERO viable leads.  Only ONE person has proactively reached out to me and he even told me he was confused about the hourly rate.  Psychologically, this way the current pricing is showing, it's preventing leads to want to even contact me.  Over the past three years on Thumbtack, I've been hired over 50 times at my premium pricing - which was displayed as a PACKAGE price, not an hourly rate.  Now that I've been forced to convert to hourly pricing (at the same premium pricing), I'm not getting any touches.  (And yes, I explain my pricing packages in the Q&A section of my profile [which shows on the lower part of the screen] and in quotes that I manually send; however, that isn't helpful to leads that are just glancing down the list with the brief info you share in a search result (name, rating, and hourly rate).

You have to understand how people make buying decisions.  Forcing service-based providers that don't charge hourly into this system is completely unfair.  Make it like it used to be - where we as Pros all have a choice to reflect hourly pricing or package pricing.  That way ALL of us are covered.  If search results offered that option, I think that would be a big help.

I've been trying to ride through the changes, but it's very disappointing that the simple things that used to make Thumbtack great are no longer available to us Pros.  This is making a serious impact to our bottom line.

Also, I've voiced concerns in previous posts with no response - I really hope to hear your thoughts on this.  And something more substantial as we'll take your feedback back to the product team.  I truly want to hear YOUR thoughts - like a real discussion we'd have in-person.

Thanks again for seeking our feedback - I hope this can move forward to be a better platform for us Pros.

Solved! Jump to solution
Ive se en this before and I really like it. The problem is that i always appeared unavailable when people try to book.
One time I did it by myself, then with a friend's phone and clients tell me I appear unavailable.
I sent an email on thumbtack and they told me they fixed it for me. But still , nothing has change
0 Kudos
JustinPro
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Scott,
I love Thumbtack!

With that said, as with everything, there can always be improvements. I feel like an up to date profile that pointedly expresses your services is very important. Lots of photos, video, and reviews definitely helps. I also think that how quickly and often you reply to customers helps a lot. Right I think there are a lot of pros that are struggling on your platform...

Why do I think that?

Personally I think that these public duscussions are creating a lot of negativity around Thumbtack. We are getting regular email threads telling us all the negative thoughts of struggling pros on your platform. This is no good. Contacting Pro's individually to address their issues and make necessary changes to improve their success fate would be a better approach in my opinion. Customer support should be improving your actual success on the platform.

I have said this before but Thumbtack should focus more on their Pros and their needs. We are your actial paying customers. First and foremost we are here to get leads... keep sending me qualified leads and I will keep paying for and partnering with your service.

I think its time you start sending more positivity and support to your pros instead of these negative support threads.

All the best
Justin Provoncha
0 Kudos
Highlighted
SimplySierra
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
My tank is okay my issue lies in the replying... I'm charged to reply and then the client doesn't reply or accept them I'm stuck with a fee... This hinders me because I dont want to pay for replying and it getting nowhere. We should only pay when a booking is confirmed. My is how will my rank help to eliminate the non serious inquiries and save me time and money?
Dace
Level 5
Thumbtack states your company is advertised for free now, but when I search for my company I don't find it. The only way I saw my company was by activating promote which i found as horrible.. and did not get one hire from it. So being charged for all this promote jobs and some of the customer never contacted me.