results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

I love this, 460 responses referencing how the system isn't working, and @Meckell replys to Eva that she needs to activate Promote !!!

0 Kudos
Bubba
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
Ranking to me is one of the most important things to my company. I work hard everyday to keep my customers happy. I was on a job two days ago trying to explain to my customer how Thumbtack works. As I informed the customer that all pros that responded to the job will be charged. The customer was very upset. He said, “Not only is it not fair to the companies that are trying to get the job, but Thumbtack will make more money off of the companies trying to get the work than the job will pay!” Meaning the job only payed $200. The customer lost count of how many pros contacted him. So if 6 pros contact one customer at $26 per encounter. That’s $156. So after expenses. Thumbtack makes more than the pro! So if you are wondering what this has to do with ranking? My company ranks higher than any company in the Houston area. We should be at the top of the ranking. We work very hard to keep our customers happy. I don’t think Thumbtack cares about ranking. I personally think it’s all about how to get as much money, from as many pros as you can from one customer. Ranking also doesn’t matter if Thumbtack lets a Lawn Mowing Company compete with my company. I’m a Fully Insured Junk Removal Company. Junk Removal companies should be in its own ranking. Not with lawn companies and moving companies. Something to think about Thumbtack!

Solved! Jump to solution

You are a little late in letting us know this information ......this was the wrong time of year to make changes . music entertainment (weddings and festivals ) are doing the majority of their hiring now ....your changes have dropped me down to zero leads ....great !! 

I have done multiple google searhes and can not find Brass From The Past on a Thumbtack related search - if you can send me a screen shot 

0 Kudos
gblackmore
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

How do we see what our rank is?

0 Kudos
Repairmasn
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Look I could care less about rankings y'all need to get real I don't think any contractor I know I'm not is going to estimate projects without knowing what we're estimating I'm not going to give you $1 until you change this back to where you understand what you're asking meeting now in the meantime stay out of my checking account and don't think you couldn't face that class action lawsuit get real I don't know what where this came from but somebody who ever got a hold of this website they have totally ran it into the ground we're now it's unusable.
0 Kudos
AbuAbdullah
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Hello, what is your Rank based on?
0 Kudos
elle819
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Scott,

I seem to be ranking lower since the institution of the new system. I previously had many leads and a handful of hires through the site; now very few are coming in. Why might this be? Is it possible that my primary style of yoga (therapeutics) is less searched? Should I try to keep the language in my profile more broad?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Scott,

I'd like to know how rankings are determined for search results and how to increase my rankings, thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mjz57
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Tell me how do I rank and how do I get you to be more specific as to to general
0 Kudos