Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
BethV
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution
I have been a thumbtack pro since 2013. As a personal chef, TT was responsible for kickstarting my business. In 2018 I changed my platform to cooking lessons. I'm using IM (which I have found to be ineffective), modified my site numerous times to conform to TT and be competitive with other chefs. I've had many clients post great reviews. I'm told that I got 84+ views last week. Not one contact? Seriously? Since I started back up with this new strategy TT has created, I have only been contacted by 1 (bogus) lead since September. Something is very wrong with this new system. I should mention that I tried to modify my original site from personal chef to instructor (as I was instructed to do by TT support) and had nothing but issues. So at TT's advice, I had to recreate a completely new profile. A lot of work for no results.

Solved! Jump to solution
I have more of a comment than a question I am not a fan of the new search ranking system instant match with so much better now my company is ranked under individual companies with less reviews less star ratings shorter time on Thumbtack I feel this needs to address or you guys should we burp back to the instant match system it worked great
0 Kudos
Highlighted
mbidstudio
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I don't know why TT changed to this new platform! This is the first time ZERO leads are coming in. I usually get 10-20 a week. What happened? Its not becasue its Christmas either. This is the absolute worst roll out yet. No leads means not $$ guys. Wake up and go back to what we signed up for.  Big Fat Smiley Sad

Now that I got that out of the way. I seem to be ranking #1 consitatly. Easy to check. BUT no leads. So ranking is not the issue. Also, after speaking to a rep, she said even if the client contacts other pros, you will still get a notification that a potencial customer is interested and you can send a quote. At least that is what she said. So what is the problem. Here is the problem.

Thumbtack took the personal touch  out of the experience! Pretty plain and simple. In an age of algorithms, it is refreshing to get a real human who is really interested in your project. Not anymore on TT. A potencial customer gets up to 20 pros automatically and has to sift through, what I beleive, is very time consuming and frustrating process. I live near TT so I would be happy to sit in on a board meeting and give you some ideas. We love you guys as you have helped us grow our business but now, not so much.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

it's really simple, since everyone can manipulate their profiles to rank higher in the results, then it's a useless system.  Allowing ALL professionals equal access as before at the same time is the only fair way to do it.  

0 Kudos
Lopes
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I’m pro and I used to get a lot customer and pay when I get hire but now it’s when customer reply back to you “ what’s next” and automatically you get charge and the customer never respond you back and it’s happening on multiple occasions. Please go back to the d system.
DNGVideo
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

The new "promoted" feature does work and we are getting a lot more requests from customers, but it really seems it is all about the low-pricing to the customers. I did notice that some promoted features pop up on my phone, via the app, and it gives me the chance to "Decline" a work request. During a busy time, or when I think the customer isn't serious, I presseed "Decline" a few times, only later realizing that I was charged for it. Please make the decline feature not incur a cost/fee, unless we accept the job.

0 Kudos
EmyW
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

When the customers get all these results how many pros can they contact?  I think it should be limited.  Some people may contact every single pro listed which means our chance of landing the job are very small.  And I still highly request that these quick response buttons ‘what is the next step’ etc, be removed.  I will only respond to a customer if they put some thought into their message to me.  They didn’t simply click a button which they probably did for many different pros.  I want a client that is choosing to contact me based on my profile, experience etc, not someone just playing the field.

Nickgall87
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi,
I noticed that Im the only tennis instructor who is displaying my hourly fees in the search results. Ever since the change you made, I have not had anyone contact me. I used to have many requests per day...I believe I'm at the top of search results because I'm a top pro.
It's leading me to think I should remove the price.... How can I do that?
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@Nickgall87 it's entirely up to you! Our PM Chris gave some great context on this in our search results Q&A, check that out here!

0 Kudos
BillPersons
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

First, some context:   Thus far, the changes rolled out since last year have worked well for me.   I spend less time chasing leads, and my return on TT dollars spent has improved by about 20%.   Some of that is due to the changes in TT, some is certainly due to factors outside of TT.   At this point last year, I was ready to bail on TT for reasons people have mentioned, but decided to go all-in on Instant Match (as it was then called) and that payed off.   So, with the latest changes, I'll take the same approach, but i do have some concerns and questions:

a)  Those first few listings shown to customers don't seem to vary much, even with changes to the input fields.   For many businesses, it's a croweded field, with *lots* of good choices for customers, and pro's tend to answer their basic service info in similar ways.   Is there some rotation or random component to who gets show "above the fold" in that initial search?

b)  How does location actually fit in?   I've checked "top pros in my area", and frequently find that they are an hour away.   I'm a Top Pro,  and in my own zip code i have to scroll down 4 or 5 "mores" to find my listing when i test the interface.  - below people with lower reviews, fewer jobs, etc.   I don't necessarily think location should have the same weight for all types of services,   but right now i don't know how it factors in at all.

c)  In the tests i've done as a customer, that initial list of pros doesn't change much as i fill in the questions and dropdowns - is there really enough variation amongst pros on those questions to assess a fit to the customer?

d) this is just a pet peeve i've raised before.    Some of the pros presented to the customer have additional tags such as In High Demand,  and Great Value.    Value is defined as quality / cost, bang for the buck etc.    For a photographer, caterer,  musician, or builder...  TT has no way to determine quality, and those lablels are confusing Value with simply Cheap.   This works against those of us building a brand around value rather than price.   

e)  are reviews with details in the text weighted differently than those with just a number?  IE, does a 5 with some paragraphs to add detail count more in the rankings than just a 5?   Could it, please?

f) are the factors that go into placement based on the pro's whole profile, or just those services that match the customer's search?    The reviews and comments, number of hires etc on my wedding profile are all from weddings - not headshots, no proms, no portraits - those are on seaparate profiles.  How does that weigh compared to the other approach of more reviews, hires etc but for jobs which are unrelated to the customers project?

When IM was rolled out it was pretty obvious to me that it couldn't work, but surprise, it did in my case.   I'm hoping I can be surprised again.