Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Celestra
Level 5

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

I tutor a large range of courses in math. Is my ranking different for each course or is it based on an overall ranking?

0 Kudos
CooperMassey
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Consistency should matter ! Pros come and go depending on the traffic. Some pros stay throughout the slow periods and weather the storms while others go to different advertising platforms. When a high traffic period comes, the pro who stayed the course and stuck with Thumbtack should show up first in the search results. It should not be based solely on tenure or who has the “most reviews”. That is unfair .
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I am not a fan of how Thumbtack has changed everything. Before I was getting 3 to 5 calls weekly. Now I'm receiving one call every two weeks which is definitely not working...
I'm not understanding how all these people could be viewing my profile yet I have no one reaching out and everybody in my feed says waiting for client to respond. I have about 12 potential clients, with waiting for client to respond.

I love using Thumbtack this is where I've gotten most of my clientele although the way they've changed things it's not really working...
0 Kudos
dustzona
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I need to be able to get more information about the customers printer or copier before considering whether I want to send an estimate. As of now , I'm responding to less requests .The changes have been less helpful for me. For example : jack needs desktop printer repaired in Mesa Az. , whats my estimate. I would like a make and model number and some information about distance. There are some models that I can't get parts for , or are not worth it for customers get fixed. But , it would cost me $ to have that conversation with the them. I could care less about how I rank.

0 Kudos
roseann
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I am not happy with your new system. I use to be one of your Top Ten Pet Sitter/Dog Walker. I have no idea if I still am. I have no idea had view my profile..I prefer the old system, at least I was able to see who is seeking pet Care, I felt I had a better chance to be selected.

Highlighted
Stage66
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
Does reviews have alot to do with ranking??
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

ranking?

I'm a top pro, all 5 star review, plenty of hires, with 'super strong' profile.  I've gone from 4/5 leads per day to 5 per week in the past 2 months. The work is still out there, as I'm still getting referals from my other sources.   So where did the customers go??

0 Kudos
Happyhome
Level 3

Re: Where do I rank?

Solved! Jump to solution
I have no idea where we rank with the new system, I’m sure we are way at the bottom of the list because I have not had 1 single person reach out to us. If we are ranked by how much we use TT or how active we had been then I am probably at the bottom of the list, due to the fact that we haven’t used TT so much anymore in the last year because leads have become so expensive in our industry and the few that we did end up answering were just testing the waters and not really ready to hire someone.
With the new system I have no idea how much a lead would cost, but I understand it might be more than what it was before, which makes it even harder for me to use TT because leads are/were costing as much as $80-$90 each! I loved the old system, when we bought credits, and leads were $10-$20 and I could answer to 4-5 people with $100. Now that’s not doable.

Solved! Jump to solution

When I first joined Thumbtack, I did very well with getting new clients. I received awards for two years from Thumbtack for being one of the best.  I think I was number 1 the second year.  The system has changed, and the fees are higher.  I rarely get any inquires, and haven't done well at all this year on Thumbtack. 

wittekind9
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I think it is rediculous. as a magician who used to be first in my area I now am number 37, People from 200 miles away are on top. Do you really think they aregoing to get down to 37. It is crazy and has not helpedat all. I startedwhen Thumbtack began but it has gone down and down with these changes. Bring back the cost for each bid again.