Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Dreamcastar
Level 1

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi Scott, I think it's really messed up that you guys are taking my award away
0 Kudos
Howardlbca
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

I don’t want to pay for a lead unless I reply to a customer after he or she posts a job notification.  How do I set up my account so that I won’t be charged for leads when a customer reaches out to me first?

Second question:  How do I set my prices? I have tried to do that and I have not been successful.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Howardlbca with Promote off you'll be able to choose whether or not to reply and accept the cost, which is how your account is currently set up. Your prices also appear to be set up in all of your preferences and will be shown to customers in the Search Results.

0 Kudos
fitcap
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

Moderator Kameron SAID:

"with Promote off you'll be able to choose whether or not to reply and accept the cost, "

ME: WHERE DO I FIND THE COST OF THE QUOTE?

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@fitcap if it's a job that you chose to quote on from your Jobs page, then it will be under the customer's name and the "learn more" link. This will show you how much the contact will be if the customer responds. If you have Promote off and are contacted by a customer that found you through Search Results, you'll see the cost when you click on the "Reply" button and be able to accept or decline.

0 Kudos
Judyvolkman
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Since the type of jobs vary with each customer, how can we make it easier to ask questions to fit their needs without being charged. I’m all for paying you for the leed, but many times it doesn’t get past the questions.
0 Kudos
inv
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

If my Company has not been active as much and we have a great review profile do I get penalized due to lack of activity even though our Reviews are great.

0 Kudos
drfekete
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I've been a Top Pro for 4 years, most of my business was built on Thumbtack.

Since the new changes, I haven't received one single client, noone can see me in the new TT listing.

I occasionally I get some fake contacts and get charged for it, but I am getting ZERO business in 4 professional categories from the new TT system.

Even if I pause "Promote", I never get a single lead. My geographical location is NYC with its 8 million poeple in NYC and 20 million people in the NY metro area, ... but out these 20 million people I only ever get (ca. once a week) offers from NJ or other areas 50-70 miles away.

And my professional field (psychotherapy, counceling, coaching) is one of the most prolific one in NY!

The new Thumbtack somehow manages not to be able to send me a single client out of ca. 20 million people!

Don't know what to say, really ...!

I wish the original system (the one from 2-4 years ago) could be re-established!

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree with the above. I've with Thumbtack since 2012. Have a full profile. I use to get leads every month. I haven't got a lead from Thumbtack in a Year now. Thankfully I had developed my business strong enough - and started using a few other apps so, my business continues - it is Thumbtack punishing itself since I have become a high demand musician. The other day I signed on to look for a favorite wedding officiant I have played alongside of. I eventually signed off and found her website on the internet. Again - Thumbtack lost out. Your new platform is not working. Thumbtack - you need to go back.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Carey-Allen
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I would love to see exactly what my profile looks like to potential customers when I show up instantly in a search. If I knew this I could modify anything where I feel the customer could have the best immediate experience. (I know I can look at my profile as if viewing as a customer, yet I bet their initial exposure is different.)
0 Kudos