Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

Its hard to have a ranking - when they dropped you from even getting any bids for at least a year ---- listing only bands - no solo artists ---- even top rated artists (why did you bother calling me and doing a special article on me - when you dropped me?  I am really confused by your service or lack there of)

Drissac1
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Referrals that are allowed from 10 outside sources for a new Pro should be able to be qualified by volume and customer size. It is one thing for me to call 10 relatives and have the refer from their prospective employment. It is another for me to have referrals from National Airlines, Boeing, The Magic, Nascar, etc. That should have an effect, even if the number of referrals is lower, but the quality of referrals is beyond all the competitors referrals.

0 Kudos
DJcheapo
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Is it true that new vendors are given top search results above experienced ones because you want to get them started, otherwise only the establishment will be at the top and new pros won't stand a chance?

Thumbtack Employee scottz
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @DJcheapo,

Great question. We rank pros higher if we believe they'll offer customers a great customer experience. Sometimes customers want new pros, and other times they're looking for pros with more experience.

Experienced and Top Pros might have lots of past hires and great reviews, and it can be hard to compete if you’re new. Promoting a service is typically the best way for new pros to get a leg up. When they promote their profile, they appear higher in search results.

Also, for the new pros out there: be sure to solicit reviews from past clients, to improve your profile, and to respond quickly to the leads you do receive. Finally, check your Jobs tab regularly for additional projects. These are leads who may not have picked you, but we think you still might be a good fit for the job.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Thumbtack Employee scottz
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Wanted to thank these pros as well! Tagging you because you posted similar questions on how new pros are ranked specifically. I posted about this topic above (also linked here). Thanks for participating in the Q&A!

@Winderson @Designalyssa @Lindseymichelle @Apluscreations @Happyhome @quez7650
fitcap
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

scottz SAID:

"We rank pros higher if we believe they'll offer customers a great customer experience."

ME:  A GREATER CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE???

HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY IN A MILLION YEARS KNOW WHO CLICKS WITH WHO???

YOU scottz OR TT OR ALGORITHMS CAN NOT KNOW THIS CUZ IT IS A PERSONAL REAL LIVE HUMAN CONNECTION ONE WAY OR ANOTHER Smiley Sad

diditra2
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi Scott.
I am not sure how this works. I replied so many people since I am a member with thumbtack. You guys sent me a leads and I replied but the customers didn’t even replied back but you guys take my money from the bank. The customers didn’t even appeared on the dashboard. I am very skeptical if they are a real customers. If you see on my account how many customers that I applied and how much money you guys took from my account. Respond your email if I could get a getaway $250 so I can continue to do the business with you
Highlighted
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@diditra2 I'm more than happy to look into your account and help! Go ahead and send me a private message with the names of the customers that you feel may be suspicious. Also feel free to include any other questions about how Thumbtack works. I look forward to hearing from you. 

0 Kudos
ronl1946
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

1.  How do I know what my rank is across all areas of entertainment that I provide?

2.  Due to the Thumbtack algorhythm, I must have two entertainment businesses to cover two different areas of the country (Southeast Massachusetts & Southwest Florida)  The services and providers are exactly the same (the two businesses are different in name only).  I have amassed at least 20 + reviews on each page, averaging 4.9 feedback.  Would this be taken into account when ranking both businesses?  

3.Also, I don't understand why my total reviews can not be included on both "twin" pages because I'm competing with other folks who are in only one area year long, and as a result they can show all of their reviews for one year of service; while, in truth, my customers only see, at best, 2/3 or 1/3 of my yearly reviews, again I'm a snowbird providing entertainment seasonally.

Bumanth
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
What is your criteria for ranking us pros?
0 Kudos