Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Thumbtack Employee scottz
Thumbtack Employee

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @Claudia,

It's super helpful to hear your feedback - thank you for sharing it here.

We only want to match you with jobs that you want and are a good fit for you. Set your job preferences, travel preferences, and availability, so we know exactly what jobs you want. Since we know these are jobs you want, we know you’ll likely provide a great customer experience, so we’ll give you a rank boost. If a job isn’t a perfect fit with the preferences you’ve set, we might still show you in search results if we think you might still be interested. But if a customer reaches out to you, we won’t ever charge you for those until you accept the lead.

View solution in original post

Thumbtack Employee scottz
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

I heard from these pros as well that you're interested in how your preferences and settings can help you succeed in the new search results system. Check out my post above or follow this link to see my response. Thanks for your feedback and questions!

@Celestra @medfordlandscap @DrData @tshon @TickledSpirit @geearney @lettiedawson
Highlighted
SusiG
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Well, Scott, I don't have any questions for you.  Thumbtack is broken for me now.  It was such a simple site to work, when I joined.......now, it is just too complicated & I do not want to invest so much time, especially now, when I am very busy........

I am wishing all of you at Thumbtack a very Merry Christmas & a happy new year!

Susan Griffin

Poppy's Mom

0 Kudos
yopastorearl
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

How does the ranking system work (or, perhaps better stated, "How does TT envision it working," because it does not seem to be working so well)? In TT's mind, what makes this an improvement over how it used to (actually) work for pros?

0 Kudos
Jenjackson09
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I’ve been very disappointed with Thumbtack in 2018 when the automatic bids came out. As a photographer it’s been hard to get quality quotes that aren’t people just bargain shopping for cheap services. I used to get lots of clients through TT but the switch in bids meant I mainly saw cheap quotes, which do not match my services and pricing. Or I saw requests with no price listed and I didn’t want to quote services if they were just those bargain shoppers. So I’d like to know more about the ranking process allowing people to more directly see me and my company on TT. Are we able to stand out based on professionalism- like my services cost more but I’m licensed, have won international photography awards, and practice newborn safety for my sessions. So I’m not a “hobby” photographer, if that makes sense. How do we compete in the rankings outside of price or differentiate quality levels of services?

Solved! Jump to solution
Get my leads closer to my home base and not so far away
0 Kudos
jerrysmall
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

every one you have sent not even one customer has answered me back

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

If I add more content in my profile will I rank in my local search engines?  I would really like this platform to work for me as I am a freelance designer and it would a really amazing way for me to get leads.

Thank You, Celia

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I don’t like this ranking system that is one I’m pulling out of Thumbtack It is a waste of money for me
0 Kudos
COWBOYBARRY
Level 4

booking,Thumbtack changed the format,I cannot message a customer or bid with out being charged.

Solved! Jump to solution

Bookings,I can not message a customer or bid with out being charged.Charges applied to a booked customer,not a customer Im trying to book.Your format has changed and for the worst I cannot book jobs thru you site. 

0 Kudos