Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
VideoByKevin
Level 5

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution
One question I have is has Thumbtack also changed its advertising strategies? I feel like TT is attracting more people who are just looking for a quote rather than serious inquiries. I don’t think these people have any concept of how much pros are charged.

That might be ok, but definitely not worth paying $50 for the privilege of quoting on a project that may or may never happen.
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I am new to Thunbtack and not sure how the old or new ranking system is/was. The concern I have is what I get charged for??? I guess I could go read fine print and sort it out, but it seems very complicated. Good news is, I get tons of views, and quite a few leads. Getting reviews, lowering price, and my replies is what has made the diffference.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi everyone! We're seeing a lot of great comments on this thread, thank you for sharing. I just wanted to remind everyone that this is specific to ranking. If you have any questions or comments regarding search results, check out our last Q&A here. If you have any questions regarding pricing, check out our response here. Thanks again! 

0 Kudos
tshon
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks T Meckell... I realize this has turned into a "B" session... I just sent a Ranking specific question, with the hopes it gets answered. Thanks to TT for opening the discussions as things are a bit out of whack now.

VideoByKevin
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I’m not sure that we can see the “Ranking” dynamics as separate from all the other new changes. I’m not sure how I can even see my ranking. Plus it seems that the Promote option will affect our ranking. But to opt for the Promote option, I need to understand other dynamics.

That may explain the range of replies you’re seeing on the thread.
0 Kudos
kmcnamee
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

We have seen less prospective clients this past week or so.  We are unclear on what key numbers effect the rankings?  

0 Kudos
tshon
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

How do I "see" and understandc my ranking? I have filled out my profile to match the work I want, but do not know how that matches up with others in my Commercial Photography category when the ranking is directly related to the Lead possibly contacting me.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

Like many I used to get job request 2 or 3 times a week. And a response at least half the time on any jobs I quoted. Something changed and I started getting virtually no responses.  Now I dont even get a request.  Exploring other options.  Thumbtack has be tweaked until it is basically useless.

0 Kudos
ELawrenceCPT
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Scott,

I am a therapist, personal trainer, and health coach in New York City. These are all personalized services that I often travel to people's homes or offices to deliver. As a result I can't do anything for someone who is requested IN PERSON services in Missouri (or even New Jersey) but there doesn't seem to be a way to set the app so that I only receive results for Manhattan and Brooklyn. I imagine this means I am also showing up in results for other people outside my area. Is there a way to 1) filter my results so that I only get results within a certain radius ? The zip code feature is unfortunately useless to me because there are so many zip codes it takes me more time to figure out what ones are in my area than it would to do the job. 2) Can you guys add a feature for people looking for online services? I offer my personal training and health coaching from a distance but I do not see that in the available options. It is in there for therapy but unfortunatel I am not licensed in other states to provide those services so I cannot. 

NEXT

Because these are not "jobs" (like a home installation) but continual services that occur weekly I offer an introduction deal (two personal training sessions for $50). However with the way Thumbtack is currently set up I have to write this in print which means it does not translate to the search result correct? And if I put $50 in the price then I feel like I mislead the potential client (as it appears that what my services cost generally, not just for that limited time). Can you put in a feature where I can select "one time offer" or "introduction deal?"

Thanks for listening and I hope to hear back from you soon!

Sincerely,

Evan Lawrence, MA, CPT, RYT-200, PN1

VideoByKevin
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
If I choose the “Promote” option, I understand that I am committing to paying for every response but at a 20% discount. But how do I know how much the fee will be. I have searched quite a bit. It seems that there might be a range but I won’t know how much each quote will cost. Am I reading that correctly?