Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
HungryHog
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution
How often does my ranking get reviewed and revised if needed?
0 Kudos
Scott2018
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Scott let me say first that I Love TT they were keeping me busy. Then I started to hear about insta match norcalled promote. It did not apply to me because of my category. Then on day it was there and boom my leads went to the dogs... I tried promote and then I turned promote off and my leads are just not there. I do searches for appliance repair business searches for my company and all that shows up in my area from thumb tack is a a listing for refrigerator repairs if you type in washer repair or dryer repair oven repair none of those to show up as a targeted category. and then I'll do a search with a different zip code from a different city for washer repair and it comes up and it only says GE washer repair it doesn't say here are the 10 best repair men in Fort Myers for instance. what it says is GE repair or LG repair its doesn't it specifies a particular type of machine it's not a broad it doesn't allow us to be included in a broad search. the old system work perfect for me I always busy all the time and I don't know why it was changed and that's the only input I have about ranking I mean it just doesn't work for me I'm not getting the leads that I used to get and I have a good rating and I have good reviews
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

@Scott2018

why don't you tell us how ranking works???  Here's my stats for the past month:

Description       Views      Leads     Cost per    Total spent

Electrical and Wiring Repair1898$4$31
Switch and Outlet Installation273$8$24
Generator Installation61$5$5
Lighting Installation221--

I have been hired on TT   71 times, have 51 reviews, have a 'super strong' profile.   Seriously, what changed in the past 4 months, to go from 5 leads/day, to one/day ???

0 Kudos
RyanBannigan
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Since the new ranking system has been implemented I have received almost no inquiries to my drum lesson business. Before I was receiving at least 2-3 messages/requests a month. Not sure how the ranking system is supposed to support those who have not as many reviews/jobs through thumbtack. I'd like to continue to use Thumbtack as a service to increase my business, at this rate I will start looking elsewhere.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

After signing up for Insant Match mid summer this year I was actually getting leads that were viable. Previous to then, I had connected with a lead that was even looking to hire...just window shopping at my expense. Finally, I was able to actually have real people who called me on the phone and even hired me. I was pleased with the way that Thumbtack was working. Then, all of a sudden things changed with the ranking system. In the last 3 weeks I have only 3 potential clients view my quote. I have narrowed my criteria when I went to Instant Match to draw only clients where in my area. I was receiving 5-7 views per day. Now....nothing....dry. Looking at my competition they are experiencing the same issues. Also because of the changes, I no longer see requests from potential clients from other regions of the US. These clients (yes actual clients) were the best clients I have connected with through Thumbtack and now I do not have access to these people who are seeking my services.  

Highlighted
Gmagician
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I have no idea where I rank in the search process. Where do I find this information?
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

Why do you need rankings?  If a person doesn't want that much business or just a certain kind, should he be penalized?

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

So, today this starts and they want to hear what we have to say. I responded earlier and guess what? I started getting requests within minutes of posting the comments.

I just got one for someone that wants a Dollar General photographed way out in the middle of nowhere. OK, I understand they need photographs of a store. Kicker is they don't have a shot list or any exact specifications as to what they want. Just asking if I can give an estimate. Oh, forgot to mention that they want it for less than $250.

Now, curious sort I am, I decide to respond... until I see that to just engage the person in conversation to get more details to give an "estimate" is going to cost me $18.19! For a "job" that's going to obviously be at the extreme lower end of the pay scale. 

Say what you will but the system is not workable as it is. Who pays 10% of their net to engage someone to answer questions so you can actually give them a price? I wont. Likely no one else does either.

Solved! Jump to solution
For those of us with less reviews and hires (because we are new) how can we expect to ever move up and show up above (or nearby) other pros that already have hundreds more hires than us. I guess my question, more specifically, is how does the current system make ample room for new pros to compete with those that are more established on Thumbtack?
0 Kudos
BRod
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Ok my thoughts had my opinions and my post deleted. So, sorry to the community. So Thumbtack please help me. I need leads that turn into something. Please help with suggestions. Since I am pretty much paying for your help please help. Please please. I’m guessing this is a better post to the community. Ugh.
0 Kudos