Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
TackMaster CapitalDeeJays
TackMaster

How do reviews factor in search results?

Solved! Jump to solution

Do the number of reviews, recency of reviews, and star rating factor in search results and if so, how?

0 Kudos
JermainBrown
Level 1

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

How can I find out how I rank. I also would like some one to explain how the payment and booking works on Thumbtack. Will this make it easier for people to find my website if I create one?

0 Kudos
Javier1
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Why noy put sometin on thumbtack wed for clients more service serious clients because why not answer call and massage
Javier de loera and alberto
Business name Alan's painting denver j
Javierloera719@gmail.com
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi. I have been on Thumbtack for about 5-6 months, out of the several hundreds of dollars I am spending on "leads," I have only booked about 3-4 jobs. I am thankful for those jobs, as they have led into making new connections, etc. But I am not happy with the way TT is working and I am considering dropping it after the new year. I am charged for leads that I have on Instant Match, I am charged if I respond to interested customers, and I am promoted. I can't begin to tell you how many people respond to me with a few words like, "What's next" or "are you available on this date?" I respond back almost 100% of the time and most of the time never hear a word back! I do not feel as though I should be charged for something like this. Also, the calender availability is there for what purpose? I am also given leads that seem bogus. I really need to call TT to direct this, I have not had a chance as I am busy with owning my own business and a mom etc. I think TT needs a better system asap or they will lose several pros. I am a new small business owner and I need to see some benefits overcome the disadvantages of using this app or I can't afford it anymore. 

Petehayden
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Can you explain how my ranking is considered very low when I have 100% 5 star ratings, respond faster than average, charge less than average as evidenced by your own site?  

0 Kudos
GSAccounting
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Are we able to see the formula for the ranking?  I think it would help us know exactly what we need to do to improve our rankings.

0 Kudos
DavidW
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

I am not sure how this affects me  at all. Although I appear to have a large number of views I have had very few  actual assignments..From my poiunt of view I preferred the system where I chose which enquiries  to respond to as most of the enquiries I have received  are either for sevices I cannot provide or where the customer has contacted more than one professioinal and chosen another person....

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi guys! About the ranking, how can I see how many people are looking my profile and what positions I have in the list? Can I see that on the app or just on line? Please
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@Pololescaille you can see your profile views in your insights, along with a lot of other helpful info! As far as seeing where you rank, I'd recommend going to the customer side and see where you show up. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dessi
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I really like the new platform and I understand that the algorithm rules of ranking encourage a specific pro behavior that creates the desired customer experience. This is the way to build a platform with an enviable pro base!
My favorite button is "View Competition">"See all Pros as customer", and I check this on all recent requests (hired or not) once an hour or so. I notice that ranking fluctuates within hours, even though nothing has changed (# of reviews, nature of requests). I've looked for patterns and the only consistency I see is that during certain times of the day my profile shows higher and during others lower. Again, the number of reviews (mine or competitors), the requests, my behavior, have not changed. There is another factor that drives this and I would like to understand it, so I can adapt to it. There is too much constant fluctuation to explain this with the Product team tinkering with various options. In short, I am looking for a more detailed criteria listing than the generic explanation the Pro Support team has been instructed to provide.