Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
revrobert
Level 5

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution
What is RC wants a customer reaches out to us? Is it prorated as to the fee we charge?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
revrobert
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
What is your fee once a customer contacts us? Is your fee prorated based on our fee is to client?
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@revrobert to learn more about when and what you pay for on the new system be sure to check out our last Q&A about Search Results HERE.  After reviewing that or our Help Center if you have additional questions about this feel free to send me a direct message.

0 Kudos
bcwhitaker
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

OK ... let's talk about how we rank in search results ... 

You first.

Maybe if you were to simply tell us the algorithm, we could save all those questions and answers.

For myself, I want to know how I can supplement my instant quote with additional information before the prospect contacts another pro (thereby, for some inexplicable reason, locking me out from any further contact).  What's worse, you don't even offer notification of an instant quote sent.

Dessi
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
Customer Reviews:
Through trial and error I learned that a very meaningful, thorough customer review can be pushed all the way to the back because it is over 675 characters. It would be better to limit the reviews to 675 characters, so I don't have to chase the customer and ask them to delete their last sentence. This way true non-meaningful reviews can go in the back. Obviously reviews play a huge role in ranking in general. I have a feeling thorough reviews (or some other nature of reviews) influences ranking, and I'd love to know more details so I can adapt.
I've also noticed that the total number of reviews shows a different figure from 1) my editable profile to 2) public view profile to 3) "View Competition" screen to 4) Pro listing. Must be lack of timely synchronization between data bases. The end result is customer, when making a choice, initially sees fewer # of reviews by the pro's listed name than the # of reviews on that pro's profile, which is yet lower than the actual # of reviews on the back-end.
0 Kudos

size of business

Solved! Jump to solution

do you rank a business by there size or volume of reviews or by quality of reviews,also do you rank businesses by the city customers are from say a customer lives in medford mass. do  you give them the rankings of pros who get high reviews from that city?

allan spires medford landscape

0 Kudos
Satori711
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Does the ranking work by views or reviews? Or I Are both able to increase your ranking ?

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
Can you request a list of items needed for the wedding so we can better price and give better quote? I feel that most af the request need more information
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Secretgardenvta @dustzona getting more information from customers to ensure intent is something that we'll always be working towards. In addition to allowing pros to be even more specific in their preferences. These are things that are going to be a big focus going into next year. You can read more about similar feedback and answers to this in our last Q&A HERE.

0 Kudos
BRod
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
To the community, be careful what you post. They will delete your opinion which is unfortunate. TT gets upset when we give constructive criticisms. Let the people that keep your business going state their opinion. We all want change and unless you hear the opinions and some of the frustrations then the change will never come. As a whole we are all upset of the charges but you don’t want to hear about it. If you hear the opinions then you’ll figure out a way to fix the problems. Let us vent a little my goodness. No ill intentions here. I want this to work. We all get aggravated including the people running TT if we put our money for nothing.