Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Moderator Kameron

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

@BRod posts will be removed if they violate Community Guidelines. We want you all to post your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations, however, they'll need to remain constructive, relevant, and professional. If you have questions about this please feel free to send me a direct message. 

0 Kudos
RodC
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I was a Top Pro and gained about fifteen solid full time fitness clients in 2017. Since then, leads are scarce and it seemed like the more I inquired about the problems, the worse they got. No new Thumbtack clients in the last nine months. 

RodC
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Last week I did about ten searches of my services in the ZIP Codes that I am relevant in, and my profile never came up in any of them. There was however, the same fitness trainers who kept coming up over and over again in each search, even though we're talking about New York City, which has a huge market of trainers on Thumbtack.
ledawnhomes
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
So my question is, your rank is from the clients on thumbtack. What if you have customers outside of thumbtack. How do we receive credit in reference from them ?
Windhaven
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Since you went to the new listing system, I have not received a single lead. It has absolutely killed my business.
UIP
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

You had a system that worked, a couple of years ago but you keep changing the system to make more money. But you have left your quality pros in the dust.  The current "new" system is confusing . We as pros have no idea how much a lead is going to cost. Thumbtack does not do a good job of vetting leads to isure that that are valid, not duplicates or competitors just trying to price compare.  I have been with TT for years and spend an average of $2500 a year to Thumbtack, have over 70 reviews and it means nothing in your current search criteria, I was unable to even find myself. I have stopped using TT as it is no longer a viable use of my advertising/marketing dollars.

ChefRachel
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi There,

I'm excited that my profile is now public. It's certainly something I've been hoping would happen soon! Is this going to turn into a Yelp of sorts, but through Thumbtack? Yelp is definitely dying out so it would be fantastic to be able to use Thumbtack as a platform for that, especially since I've had some great success using Thumbtack over the years and have a number of reviews that help me get more business.

Thank you!

Indigo63
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I am an Interior Designer providing Interior Design, planning & project management to discriminating clients.  I am not looking for volume.  I am looking for quality.  I have had success using Thumbtack.  How can you provide me with thta client?

Highlighted
mcierley
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Scott,

I am concerned about the transparency of this new program.  I have been awarded your Best of as well as your Top Pro status in the past. Everything was going well until 2018. All these changes have made things increasingly difficult to convert bids into jobs.

My understanding is that now, with this new system, if I set a budget then I will be seen by clients. However, I do not undestand how I will be placed. Is it service based or monitarily based?  Will I rank lower if my budget is lower than a competitor? I also would like to see myself in the ranking. How do I know that I am really being seen, and if it is truly by the number of people Thumbtack is stating it is?

I feel all the changes in the last year have been, well, fishy, at best. I have recently added a small budget to Thumbtack to test it out. But due to the experiences over the past year I am very sceptical or Thumbtack now.

dheclutter
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

It looks like the customers are finding our services, and we have climbed the ranks well.  However, we have seen a decline in the numbers of customers overall on our primary service on Instant Match since October/November and still declining up to now. What could this be attributed to? 

I'll mention this as a possible cause, in case it's a factor since the timing of the ranks and search changes happened around the same time ... I'm currently blocked to respond due to  "waiting for the customer to respond. I'd love to be able to follow up on a few instant match quotes. Follow ups are golden in being able to land a client. So there may be a correlation to the lower numbers, or there may not.  Feedback is appreciated and perhaps a game plan to improve it.

Thank you!