Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Moderator Kameron

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

@dheclutter I know that follow-ups were a really big part of how pros used to keep up with customers. Now when customers search on Thumbtack, they instantly see pros who can take on the job. They can reach out to any pros they’re interested in, but they’ve told us it’s confusing to hear from a pro they haven’t contacted yet. Similar to if you searched for a restaurant on Google for dinner and if those restaurants in your search results started calling you. That’s how customers have told us they feel when they’re contacted before they reach out to the pro. If the customer reaches out to a pro and then starts hearing back from up to 10 other pros it can be an awkward/overwhelming experience for the customer. I'll mention that we follow up on behalf of pros after about 48 hours to remind the customer and encourage them to move forward with their job. 

0 Kudos
dheclutter
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kameron, thank you for your response.  I figure that was the case. Since the solution is customer-centric, understandably, can we explore how we can possibly improve the scenario for the Pro?  Follow ups is the norm for any sales. If the pipeline is overwhelming by instant match and job requests, then of course it wouldn't be as much of a concern to the overall business.  But with numbers quickly dwindling (with other factors to consider, time of year, season for my service is not on high dematnd, etc.), follow ups are even more crucial. And being blocked by the ability to do so removes any possibility that there could even be a pipeline source in this particular system.  So the next instinct is to seek other means of acquiring leads.  The 48 hour follow up directly from Thumbtack is great, but not personalized.  If I was the customer, I wouldn't be skeptical, but also I'd feel somewhat removed, a step away, from the Pro -- the one who will be invited into the home.  My services are always in the customer's homes, so the repoire starts at the initial impression and is built through communication.  The natural exchange would be between the Pro and the Customer.  If the Customer is set up to be overwhelmed by the Pros, then the Pro that did show up via instant match or not, was already positioned to be blocked by being part of a negative, initial experience. There must be a way to harmonize the Customer experience and the Pro's ability to build the relationship with the client.  Let's figure it out together, I just realize that I don't have a business here if it's left as is.  Which is incredible, because my business success on leads and customer base, is solely from Thumbtack. Granted I just started in July, but it's been awesome and I'd love to continue to build my business, but, I'm finding myself looking for more and more alternatives to market and operate.

Thank you again for your response and your efforts to continue to improve and up the game, while involving the Pros.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@dheclutter I can certainly understand where you're coming from. It's something that we should continue to look into and work on which is why I've made sure to pass along your thoughts on this for consideration.

0 Kudos
dheclutter
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
@Kameron Thank you for passing it along! And all your efforts!
itsezi77
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello. I imagine you are speaking of CPC. Where can I find out what a click cost?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Coolrunning
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
When a customer contacts tbumbtack how does thumbtack go about who gets the job request first? Which pro? Is it about how ranks top?
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Coolrunning this is now essentially all up to the customer through Search Results. When they visit Thumbtack and begin looking for a pro, the ones that will show up for them will depend on the job itself, where it is, and then the pros ranking. We will also be sending jobs to you through your Jobs page that may be a good fit.

0 Kudos
itsezi77
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks,  Kameron

Kathleen
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Does my availability affect ranking? Thank you Scott!
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
How can my phone beep with a notification from thumbtack saying I have a potential customer and I click on the app and 4 Pros have already been contacted how is that possible? So in a never ending attempt to learn how this new system works I wait and I watch and 2 Days Later the same job is sitting there with the same four Pros contacted what is the story? Once a Pro is hired do you still leave the job up there or do you take it off? Thumbtack used to be a very worthwhile deal, not so much at all anymore. Please explain how ranking works in conjunction with instant match in conjunction with promote.