Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution
I was using promote me for some time but stopped it,cause I get many leads out of control ,about location,type of work, with the last system ,I sent a quote for diagnosis , because i don't know what the problem is until I check the unit,BUT the new system you choose the job and you send it to me ,of course I will replay cause I want the job then thumbtack get the money,from the point of the customer is the same but from me is not ,I don't like the promote me system,I preffer the old one .
Thumbtack Employee scottz
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @RevDHirsch,

Thanks for writing in. I'd encourage you to give Promote a try. You can learn more about how Promote works here.

Also, because ranking is an algorithm, it may be not be obvious why another pro is appearing higher than you, even if you have more reviews, hires, etc. There are a few factors you can’t see just from looking at other pros in the list.

That pro might be promoting their service, or they may have exceptional responsiveness, which means they might also be a great fit for the job you want.

That’s why it’s important to do all you can to improve your rank. You can’t change the competition, but you can make your profile stand out, and you can offer a great customer experience.

View solution in original post

Thumbtack Employee scottz
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks to these pros who also sent questions about why another pro(s) might be appearing higher than you in search results. I responded to a similar question above and wanted to connect you with my response here.

@brandson80 @matthewstroia @fitcap @Jdrdrains @Topnotch1 @Petehayden @CooperMassey @KPDCreative @drfekete @Thomasbrian5544 @wittekind9
RonGibbons
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
My thoughts exactly!! I did receive 2 contacts that I paid for, responded right away and never hear back from any of them. Would much rather go back to the way it was!
mb1
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been a top pro in for years on TT. Over 300 hires. I used to get 75% of my business from TT. Now I am still ranked as number one on TT in my category yet I don't get any leads whatsover. The one lead that I got in months never replied. I am still being charged for these leads. I have to now work harder on a Bark profile to see if that would work. If things don't change within the next few months then it's just a waste of money and will have to drop it all together.

Rhartog
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
mb1,

I absolutely agree. I’m a Top Pro with 271 hires. This is the holiday season and I should be busy with holiday parties and events. Unfortunately I’m now spending my time reaching out to Bark, Gig Masters, and even Craigslist. My quotes aren’t even being opened! I’ve been on Thumbtack for probably six years and this is the worst system ever.
- R
- R
lyricsheila
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

Totally agree with many of these comments. I'm paying more for nothing.

elle819
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution

I feel the same

bitemebbq
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

SAME..........Zero

Greycliffe
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree. I was getting gigs before, and now I'm not.