Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
HeadshotPhotos
Community Regular

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

Headshot photography is my specialty, that’s 95% of wat I shoot. My  business is called Headshot LA.  I was hired 55 times on Thumbtack.  I have  35  5-star reviews.

When searching (as a customer incognito) for a headshot photographer in my zip code, I don’t appear at all.  Other photographers with 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 11 reviews appear.  When I look at the sample photos, many don’t have a single headshot photo in their profile.  I have close to 50 shots.  I know many are not near my city.  Why?

jcp
Community Veteran

Solved! Jump to solution

You are not the only one who "tests" it out . . . .   and not seeing their profile come up at all.  Alot of "new" to Thumbtack Pros.  Pros with 1 to 10 reviews or hires showing.    I also think a lot of Pros with years of being with TT have left due to the drastic changes.  I stepped back for sure.  That answers the question as to why you are seeing Pros with little or no reviews or hires.  I would book 1 out of every 5 or 6 quotes last year.  Last two months I had 60+ views and 0 contacted me.  And I was told "oh you get so much more exposure".  But not when you saturate the customer with an overwhelming amount of pros.  Good Luck and hang in there.  Be smart about how you spend your ad dollars.

0 Kudos
BigDave
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
Do you pickup keys words from our heading
0 Kudos
Robalberts
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
Our company works diligently but how are we scored according to different categories of jobs completed and reviews given ?
0 Kudos
Hat457
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been on Thumbtack for almost a year now and have been through the changes. Most of the changes weren't too bad but this last one in I think November was horrible. I got like 5 new clients in October or more but then when the change happened I didn't even get a peep. I am a licensed psychotherapist. I want Thumbtack to change it back. I feel the old way worked a lot better and also I haven't give thumbtack any money since so it is bad for them as well as for me. Hopefully it gets changed. Also, I have gone on thumbtack as an outsider looking for therapy and my profile is on the first page. What's up with this?

Pat
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution

We have been with Thumbtack since 2012, and fornately for us we have been successful IN SPITE of all the changes to Thumbtack. I still think that everything hinges on providing the customer a great experience. For us this means doing what you say you will, when you say you will do it, at a reasonable price. Today, we live in a world of instant gratification, so reviews are everything. Not just the star rating, but what folks actually say. We still get quite a few inguiries,  but decline most. 

If, when I pull up the actual request, and they have contacted several other pro's....Trash can, If they use one of the TT canned inquiries...trash can. For us, we actually no longer need TT, but still take on a few jobs. For us, in our area, and our main field, we rate #3. #1 and #2, obviously use promote. I actually feel bad for them, as between them, they have 1 hire and 4 reviews. So TT is doing well off them. 

lenstar
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

Trying to figure out how I'm ranked... 

0 Kudos
Pat
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution

@lenstar wrote:

Trying to figure out how I'm ranked... 

Log out of your thumbtack, Go to www.thumbtack.com, enter the job that you want to see how you rank, enter the zip code of the area you are focusing on, and a list of pro's should show. Scroll until you see your listing.

0 Kudos
RMISPCJR
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey Scott,   Are the customers able to search for a specific  city and/or state? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
JoshuaRedleif
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

Are search results going to reflect a number of factors including how many hires on thumbtack, how many reviews a pro has, and the amount of content uploaded to their profile or is it going to be a pay to rank higher system?