Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
JunkCowboy66
Level 1

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution
Hello
My question is you say I show up on top, but since you have made your changes I have not gotten any leads within my travel preference within two weeks. Only partial matches. Is there something I need to change on my end to ensure I'm getting exact matches? Thank you!
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm loathe to drop any money on Thumbtack leads anymore. No contact information is the rule and most of the people submitting requests are looking for unrealistic price points.

Example: Received a request (with examples taken from high end publications showcasing CEO's) that said they were looking for in excess of 50 images for $250 to $500. Knowing the rates paid by various entities to get high end corporate work done, I knew that the person making the request knew nothing about what it involved in creating the images they used as examples. You'd not get anyone truly qualified to show up and create  one location shot with the experience/equipment needed at the pricepoint they entered.

The app shows they hired a "Pro". That's quite laughable. Not at the pricepoint they proposed. No reasonable person would and expecially not give the fact there was no contact phone number after you paid to make a pitch.

Part time "pros" are not professionals. Thumbtack needs to differentiate certain types of providers according to experience that's not thumbtack related. If you've been published for years in various outlets and have been vetted to shoot sensitive events or things that require background checks and non-disclosure agreements, you obviously have a higher level of experience and abilities than someone who can create a good looking profile with little experience. You don't even know that the images or reviews given are authentic that are shown.

If I can make contact via some other method than Thumbtack and the client has reasonable expectations, I'll be likely to engage via the platform. If there isn't any way to contact them and they want a $100 headshot on their premises with 5 wardrobe changes, it's obviously a waste of time.

TimWilliams
Level 5

Re: et’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been a top pro for three years and used to rely on TT for new customer leads but not anymore. I’m now spending more money for far fewer customers. When I first joined TT it was much easier and far more transparent than now. Unfortunately I am now shopping around looking for the best way forward for my company to receive quality leads with transparent pricing. It seems that all good things must come to an end.

TM Williams

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
After receiving Thumbtack’s email this morning about the new search results I tested it out - entering my industry and zip code. I searched the top 30 pros you had listed and even though I have more reviews, better reviews and am a top pro I did not show up anywhere in the search. The first two pros I clicked on weren’t even in my state - they were nowhere near me! How do you explain this?
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

There is no way that you can provide a customer with accurate results when they don't even know what they want.  They are on a fishing expedition or they wouldn't be in thumbtack.  With you giving a list based on some kind of ranking system that you think gives them the best result is absurd, and as proof I was getting 2-3 jobs a month before, since your change I have zero.

I have no reason to even respond to a request when the customer has already reached out to other pros, they have already chosen some.

Get rid of this system, or get rid of the pros, becuase the two are not compatible..

0 Kudos
gblackmore
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been a Top Pro for 2 years and am getting less results now than ever.  From the comments I read, it looks like Nobody is happy with the changes.  Can you put it back to how it was before?

0 Kudos
ZONACPA
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

Good morning Scottz,

As a tax preparation professional, It seems to me that ranking should be based on at least three factors: 1. longevity in the system 2. pricing & 3. customer review.  I dont have alot of photos of my service (work), because well, tax work is not very sexy and does not lend it's self to that kind of promotion. 

I am hoping that even though I dont have a lot of customer reviews, my pricing would be one of the factors pushing me closer to the top of the ranking alorithym?

Thanks for your input.

Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee scottz
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @ZONACPA,

I'm sure there are plenty of folks out there who think tax work is sexy Smiley Wink

It sounds like you're curious about what factors impact ranking, and whether price is one of them. The short answer is: it depends on what the customer is looking for. So we recommend paying attention to all factors that affect ranking, including your pricing. 

The biggest boost that’s easiest for you to control will come from promoting your profile.

We also strongly recommend that you update your profile - it’s easy and will help you stand out to customers. Add prices, import reviews, show your availability, and include additional information wherever you can.

It also helps if you can show your prices, but we know that not every pro can do this. That’s why it’s only one of several factors that determine your rank.

EvaG
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

How do we promote our profile?  

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @EvaG, great question! Go here to learn more about promote and steps on how to promote your profile. Let me know if you have any questions! 

0 Kudos