Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee scottz
Thumbtack Employee

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @matthewstroia,

Glad to hear you're liking the new system! I'd be happy to shed some light on what goes into ranking.

We want customers to find the pros they need and we want pros to get hired. We use a few key factors to determine what type of customer experience you’ll deliver. The best ways for you to boost your rank are to:

• Improve your profile: Customers want to know more about who they’re hiring and can take the next step toward hiring if you’ve completed your profile.
  • Promote your profile: When you promote your profile in search results, you tell us what jobs you want ahead of time. If a customer searches for a pro who can do one of those jobs, we know that you’ll likely provide a great customer experience, so we’ll give you a rank boost, 20% off, and you’ll pay automatically. It’s our way of saying “thank you” for providing a great customer experience.
  • Respond quickly: Customers want a quick response, but we know you have a day job too. So this is only one of many factors we consider.
  • List your prices: Customers want an idea of what they’ll pay before starting a conversation.
  • Get lots of great reviews: Customers trust pros who have been hired many times with great feedback.

There are a lot of factors that go into your rank, so don’t worry about every single response or review too much. We know that no one is perfect, so just focus on putting your best foot forward and keep up the top-notch work!

Thumbtack Employee scottz
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Also tagging these pros who asked similar questions about how to improve your rank in the new search results system. Check out my answer posted above or at this link. We appreciate your participation in the Q&A and keep asking great questions! 

@CompleteWeb @karategirl @Michaudfit @tfitzpatrick914 @SheriS @Champ @ronl1946 @lauren @Kay @Javier1 @RQC @PianoMike @ShopWithValerie @arlenekaysen @Gold_Standard @gblackmore @Camezo @tshon @Happyhome @Euler-1 @wittekind9 @ecoview @kmcnamee @tiacn @Jenjackson09 @Jena @geearney @alexspada @Mary85006 @REALTOREric @DavidH

Camezo
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
This doesn’t answer my question at all.
NorfolkPest
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I do not like the new system at all. I got charged for 3 leads that got no results. Come to find out the customer had 5 pros that they contacted that way. So when I recieved the leads and sent my quote, I was charged for the lead and never got the job or a response. I think it is a bad idea.
hlkool66
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
so, in ranking a pro, are there different categories, as in one that does service work(existing electrical, for instance), versus new installs (needs to be put in, non-existing)?
TrainwithV
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been with Thumbtack since 2012 when I started my business and I think sending a bid cost me $3.  At that time, the customer service, the platform set up, the cost, all of it made sense and was easy to manage.  I also honestly back then, got 50-70% of my business from Thumbtack.  Now with the platform changing every month, if we as users are confused, how is a customer? You have to stop the changes, the tweeks aren't making more customers and surely aren't getting me more clients, just according to you more views.  I haven't gotten more then 3 clients from you in over a year.  Google add words is now cheaper and a better option for my adverstising dollar. 

karategirl
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I am assuming that ranking is based on Thumbtack client testimonials. How about testimonials from other clients that rave about our martial arts business? Judy instructor action karate
0 Kudos
reecy
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

While I'm happy to get more search results, I'm worried about getting leads from folks who are not serious about their inquiries. Some have questions that could be answered in my profile and are not ready to hire. Is there any advice on how to avoid paying for leads like this?

Solved! Jump to solution

decline them

0 Kudos
Winderson
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I would like to know how this new system will work, we will be in the research bank according to the locality and need of each client, for example "There are clients who are looking for a specific service with insurance and license, others who are looking for a common cleaning. for us a tool so that we can express each of our works that we have more experience. And if there will be a monitoring of those clients who ask a single question and do not manifest themselves anymore.