Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution
We have used Thumbtack for the past year with great success but now that you have to post prices to get a better ranking .... don’t think it’s fair to any business to price out before knowing any details. I will continue to send info when opportunities come through but they seem less now that customers base there selection more on price / ranking then quality of service . The opportunity to reach out and promote your company initially is removed .
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee scottz
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @Jsbstewart123,

This is a tough one. Posting prices helps attract customers whose budgets match your prices, and posting prices does improve your ranking, so we encourage you to add it to your profile whenever possible.

But I get that there is a lot of variation between jobs and so not everyone is able to list prices. Here are some alternatives:

• If possible, include a starting price to help customers gauge the minimum they might be spending with you
  • If you can’t include any pricing at all, include a note on your profile about why your prices aren’t available. Once a customer reaches out, try to respond quickly with a personalized message and explain what you’d like to know about their project to provide an accurate quote.

Remember that customers like to have a sense of price before talking to a pro, so if other pros are listing prices and you aren’t, you may not be getting as many leads as you’re used to.

Including your prices upfront also means you’re less likely to get customers who are “kicking the tires” just to get a sense of pricing.

jstclair3
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I have a MAJOR objection to the new system. While the system will work ***IF*** the user fills out all the inputs - it DOES NOT WORK if the user fails to choose a duration and an event type. For example, if a user enters "Wedding and Event Photography" for my zip code (37355), my entry will not appear AT ALL even after clicking "See More". In fact, the photographers shown are hundreds of miles away from my zip code.

This is poor design and implementation. The ranking should work on all parameters *as selected*. If all the user enters is a job type and a zip code, then the results should include LOCAL results.

Even when the user fills out all inputs, the first suggestion returned is a photogrpaher 160+ miles away! 

John St.Clair
Dace
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Chances are theyxare using promote. That's why they come out in the result
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I been with Thumbtack with a few months and it has worked very well. I see alot of negative communications about the new system and I have notice a significant drop in leads to quote on. Do I have to set up everything again under the new system?

0 Kudos
VideoByKevin
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

That's a very good point, Justin.

@JustinPro wrote:
I honestly believe that our ability to interact with customers is what was getting us all leads in the past. With all the automation we have less ability to connect.

fitcap
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

I AGREE!!

@JustinPro wrote:
I honestly believe that our ability to interact with customers is what was getting us all leads in the past. With all the automation we have less ability to connect.

0 Kudos
Kay
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I would like to know how to check on where I am ranking from time to time. Please explain ways to move up.  

Although this is not about ranking, please explain how you determine that I have "paid because it is a match". When I receive this message it is usually for a request that matches less than others. 

Thank you, Kay Williams

0 Kudos
RQC
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

What can we Pro's do to positively or negatively impact our ranking?

Also, What can our customers do to impact our ranking?

0 Kudos
PianoMike
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

What weight will you give to reviews? For those starting out who have no reviews, or those (like me) who just plain have fewer reviews than others, how could we break into the top search results to *get* hired more and thus get more reviews? It would seem that a heavy ranking toward reviews would favor the existing pros getting more work and the newcomers left out in the cold. What's the best thing to do to boost my rankings if i have few reviews?