results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
uonlinetv
Level 5

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

My question is what happen if a lead just wanted to get their question anwser ? I had situation that i end up paying for leads just to anwser their question. 

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@uonlinetv you can go here to learn about when and what you pay for with our search results system. If you have any further questions, please let me know! 

0 Kudos
jpomeranz
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Additional metrics regarding views, contacts, etc. would be helpful in assessing the value of the new approach TT offers. As an example, provide monetary statistics on a month-by-month basis showing spend versus contacts, spend versus leads, spend vs reviews, etc. It would help professionals and TT see the ROI and offer transparency that is currently unavailable (or requires manual input by the professional).

Separately, TT currently allows users to use canned messages such as "Sounds great! What's the next step" (or the like equivalent) on the initial contact, which prompts TT to charge the professional a fee. In all instances I will respond within a short timeframe offering a call to the prospect or asking for more information; however, not all prospects never respond. TT should issue a credit in these instances as the "contact" that prompted the charge netted no client relationship, or for that matter, any contact with the prospect. While I understand TT charging for actual leads, including those that do not convert into a customer, the charge should only occur when the customer actually types a message. Recommend removing the canned responses / conversation starters altogether as this would likely help eliminate empty leads.

Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee scottz
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @jpomeranz,

Thanks for writing in. I'd encourage you to check out Insights. It has information about views, leads, and spend.

I know it’s frustrating to pay for leads who don’t end up hiring you. And we’ve heard a lot of complaints lately about quick-replies. We’re working hard to address this, as well as make sure you’re only paying for the value you’re getting when you get a new lead.

I think Chris did a great job addressing this point in his Q&A on search results, so take a look at his response here. He walks through how the customer approaches getting their job done, and how quick replies can be helpful for them.

We know it’s not perfect yet, but I hope you stick with us as we improve!

Solved! Jump to solution
So tell me, other than programming an algorithm, has s ott ever been a professioanl anything ? You are going down the same path yelp did, trying to use algorithms to automate everything and screwing up what was potentially a valuable and good service. You have no frigging idea what to ask a client, no way to rank them to the right pros. Take yourselves out of the mix again and back to the original system, not perfect, but at least professioanls had the opportunity to convince the customer through REAL interviews exactly what they want and what it would cost. Not every job is the same so setting a single price for anything is impossible unless you are a weekend hack who just wants to make 50 bucks on the side and screw the customer service which is where real pros thrive.

Solved! Jump to solution
Should my company be promoting every single service that we offer or is it reasonable to only promote the service you want to focus on the most? I’m new to Thumbtack and so far we like the results we’ve been getting. Any advice on how to continue to grow and get leads is appreciated. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching out @DrainResolvers! We had a Q&A regarding search results and our PM Chris gave some great info regarding Promote. Check out his response here.

RevDHirsch
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I am a wedding officiant who has been on TT for 5 years and have consistently maintained a top pro and high demand status since the top pro program was launched. I rank below those officiants who use Promote Me and I understand why.

I have read all the tutorial programs regarding the new Promote Me and understand how it works.

Yes TT has helped me get more customers but at a greater and greater expense. My own analysis is that about 80% of couples who use TT are window shopping and rarely return to hire anyone even with 1 or 2 follow up messages I send out. Comparing 2017 to 2018, yes I had an increase in couples who hired me of about 30-35% BUT with an increased cost of about 90-95% to get hired.

When I do respond to “are you available on my date” or “what is your price estimate” those leads do not get me hired usually. I have decided like many other vendors to stop responding to those inquiries even if I lose a potential hire because the costs out way the benedit. But I do decline because a non response works against my response time and responsiveness in the wedding industry is everything! When customers fill out a request form, and I put in a quote my rate of higher is about 50%.

The reason I don’t promote myself is because for every customer contact I have to pay. Sure more leads but they are out of my area or I am not registered to officiate in those states. And yes my setting are set to a radius I work in. I get a partial match in the job tabs that are too far so I pass.

I will respond to leads when they are in my area and a request form is filled out by the customer. But if one or more pros have already been contacted on “Promote Me” I’ve stopped putting in quotes because the customer has usually decided already after going through the list on what officiant they want to contact.

I intend to stay on TT for 2019 to have a sense of how my own strategy works.

Here are my questions?
1. How are vendors doing with getting hired who do use the new system “Promote Me?” Because of my own review of competitors I am hired at a greater rate than they are.

2. Can TT put. “Read” notification so we even know the customer has read our message?

3. Are customers of TT told that when they contact a vendor that we pay for that contact because generally the customer is unaware. I use TT for my own personal needs but don’t just arbitrarily contact a vendor because I know that contact will cost them. And in reality I have to put a price increase to cover the quote cost on to the customer.

Why would I want to use the Promote Me strategy? I am not convinced that it is cost effective. I still have access to the Jobs tab and 99% of those are a partial match and 99% I decline. More leads could mean more contacts from customers I don’t want at an even greater cost to me as a vendor.

I really appreciated that TT has helped me grow my business but the new Promote Me is a not helpful to me. I think TT is going in the wrong direction with this new “Promote Me” systems. I really do want to know within my vendor category of wedding officiant what other officiants are experiencing.

I appreciate the community forum and please send questions out of the category to appropriate persons.

Thank you!
Rocky1
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
Well I Rank in top pro right now will It still show up like this next year?
0 Kudos