results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee scottz
Thumbtack Employee

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @Withinteriors,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having a tough time getting hired in the new system.

If you were used to our old system, I get that you might feel like you can’t make a good first impression now that you’re listed in search results. I recommend putting yourself in the customer’s shoes and thinking about what would make the best first impression on you. It likely involves seeing a complete profile, lots of great reviews, and pricing estimates.

Check out our previous Q&A where the product manager who helped build the search results experience tried to address a lot of pro concerns around making a good first impression. Here’s his response.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I have already been through this with your tech support department.  I have a complete profile, lots of pictures and reviews.  In fact, according to tech support (Brian),  I'm rated the highest in my category for my area.  Pricing is equal to competitiors.  

I hope you return to old ways, this is NOT working for me, and after having read over 20 replies to this mornings' question to pro users, I did not read one positive comment, so I'm not alone.... and it seems it's a bigger problem than what Thumbtack is willing to address.    

Thanks,

Sheri Giancarlo

Ttszabo
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

There are a lot of "Looky-Lous" out there.  They are just looking and don't really have an intent on buying.  Is there any way to filter these folks out?  I really don't have a problem paying for connections and are serious about purchasing a service (I'm in drone aerial photography) but I've got a lot of lookers who never hire anyone or at least not in the ap.  I would like to suggest that we still pay for contacts but only if they follow through and complete a purchase in the ap.  I'm not suggesting only the hired pay, but am suggesting all the people they contacted and didn't win the bid pay.  This would eliminate the problem of "Looky-Lous".  It seems to be more realistic/fair for the business to pay for lost customer lead because they did didn't get the customer but someone else did.  It really hurts us businesses when we pay for the contact and the person never purchases. 

Solved! Jump to solution
The new system is seriously flawed. As a musician, I used to be able to choose which gigs I would apply for based on my availability, the kind of music the customer was looking for, and what instrument they were looking for. So far, I have been charged for SEVERAL “leads” that I would have never even applied for because either I don’t play that kind of music, or don’t play that specific instrument. I’ve seen my hires drop off significantly since Thumbtack made the “change” to the new system. If “reviews” from the Pros don’t make an impact here really soon, then hopefully pausing or outright disabling our services might send a clearer message. Losing money to have fake leads contact me is getting old REAL quick.
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @Pete_Stephens,

Thanks for writing in and for being a pro on Thumbtack.

Our goal at Thumbtack is to only connect you with the jobs you can actually do, which is why we want to know exactly what you can do, when you’re available, and where you’re willing to travel.

We aim to send you leads that meet these preferences.

However, we’ll sometimes send you leads outside your preferences if we think you might be interested in the customer -- even though they’re not a perfect match with your preferences. But we’ll never charge you for these until you accept the lead. Unless you accept, you won’t pay.

So just make sure your preferences are up-to-date by going, and you’ll be all set. You can learn more about how to do that here.

0 Kudos
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

I also got feedback from these pros that leads are sometimes too far away, or outside your offerings or availability. I posted above a response to a similar post, and wanted to connect you to it. It's also linked here. Thanks! 

@Djyella @Hucks @jstclair3 @JunkCowboy66 @Yussel1 @Djayent @Charvel6 @Houston1 @DrData @Claudia @vrudolph @dstumper @Hazeleyes5786 @ELawrenceCPT
ELawrenceCPT
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @scottz

1. I double checked my preferences last night, changed some to make them even more specific by area (not zip code-I found that part of the site again thank you!), then updated the app and checked again this morning. I still am getting requests from areas outside my stated preferences. The only possibility I can think of is that I am getting them because they said they would travel "up to 25 miles" for training. Is that possible? 

2. I did not get a response about the idea of changing the price offering from only "fixed" and "hourly" to another option that would allow us to provide some sort of special offer or intro deal. Because pricing seems to affect our rankings in the  search correct?

3. You may have answered the above question but I got about 100 emails after following this thread and could only really find the below response to my question

4. Is there any way we can add a "distance" or "via phone and/or video" option for Health and Wellness Coaching? I realize that is very specific and might not be your purview but this seems like the forum to ask! 

Thank you and I appreciate the opportunity to ask these questions!

Evan

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@ELawrenceCPT in regards to your #1 you are correct. When customers choose how far they'll travel the pros radius is not factored in. In reference to #'s 2 and 4, these are things that would be good to share with our teams for consideration. I've shared #4 for you, but be sure to let us know what ideas you have for listing prices and deals HERE.

0 Kudos
fitcap
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

scottz..YOU SAY:

"we’ll sometimes send you leads outside your preferences WHY?????  if we think you might be interested in the customer -- even though they’re not a perfect match with your preferences. But we’ll never charge you for these until you accept the lead. Unless you accept, you won’t PAY.....

ME: WHY HAVE PRFERENCES IF YOU  scottz AT THUMBTACK WILL BE IGNORING OUR PREFERENCES??

scottz..YOU SAY:

"if we think you might be interested in the customer -- even though they’re not a perfect match with your preferences."

ME: ARE YOU A MIND READER NOW TOO???

Hucks
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Thumbtack is a handy tool. However I would like potential clients toBE ABLE TO SEE MY CITY BEFORE I pay for that lead. So many people contact me, I pay for the lead...but then they decide I'm too far away to drive too. And that's frustrating. And I HAVE updated my preferences. 🤨