Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Jeffro
Level 5

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution
You haven’t answered anything. I don’t want to know anymore about my profile. Listen to your pros & change back to the credit system. This is so broken!
0 Kudos
mcfreed
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm not sure what you mean by ranking, but we have been affiliated with Thumbtack for several years. We are very frustrated with not knowing up front what our cost will be. We have wasted a lot of money on bids that go nowhere, so we are apprehensive about giving bids going forward. We have had to cut back because of the cost. Customers schedule tutoring sessions or music lessons with us then cancel before even beginning. 
mcfreed

0 Kudos
PGossick
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

To my knowledge I had not received a Thumbtack lead in many months. I decided to look in my inbox and saw that I had a few contacts in October. In the past I have received a text and an email alerting me about the Thumbtack prospect. I am always quick to respond. My phone is in my hand or visable most of the time. Is there a possibilty that these leads slipped through your process.

I have would love to receive leads from your program. I have only sold one home and had one somewhat unreasonable listing appointment. I only say unreasonalble because they wanted full market for the home which needed extensive updating. I will not promise what I know I cannot deliver to make a deal.

Thak you for your time.

Pam Gossick

Marrymellc17
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
IT’S NOT WORKING!!!! I am a top pro for years! Almost 400 hires with 201 Five Star Reviews! Been with TT since 2011. It’s been downhill all the way for the last year since you took away our ability to quote for ourselves. I am not alone here in my discontent. Do you read these comments??? Every time you ask for comments for instant match or pricing you get thousands of ALL NEGATIVE comments. I sincerely tried this “PROMOTE” (aka instant match). My take away is that it’s pay to play! My years of experience in TT SLONG EITH MY 400 hires and 201 FIVE STAR REVIEWS mean nothing. I’ve been told by TT that I am the most hired officiant in south Florida and I’ve seen other Officiant’s credentials and none can compare. In the real world I would be ranked #1. But, if I do not participate in PROMOTE or put in a low ball price, I’m listed on the second page after “pros” ( and I use that term loosely) who have 5 reviews. Ive dropped my price to compete with some of the newbies and bottom feeders but it still doesn’t work. My rank changes every day. You are either the best and the most hired with the most reviews or YOU ARE NOT. But if you participate in promote you can hope to get ranked higher than pros who have under 5 reviews. It’s pay by your rules and participate or be 25th even if you are first!!!!! I wouldn’t mind if the jobs were coming in but they are not. TT was 80%of my business for 5-6 years. Now it’s dead. No serious customers only customers who are prompted to click on “ARE YOU AVAILABLE FOR MY DATE” when clearly I am or they wouldn’t receive my info (per my calendar if that even works). To be charged so much money for someone to be prompted to ask a useless question is somewhat unethical. Why don’t you prompt them to click on my phone number instead???? That would determine a serious customer. If the click on my phone number then I know they want s discussion and I would hVd the Ability and the chance to sell myself. TT can not speak on our behalf. TTvoaints with a broad brush and thinks everything can work in every vendor category. Make them click on my phone number instead of prompting them to click ARE YOU AVAILABLE FOR MY DATE. Its just bad on every level. I got one cheap job on Promote and 7 charges for “ARE YOU AVAILABLE” so money wise, I am doing the one cheap job for free!!!!! It stinks. Your promote and ranking is dictating pricing for us and you’d better be low or you’re on the second or third page. I hope that you have noticed all the comments here from Pros who have gone to other sites such as Bark, GIGmasters and others. There are new ones like Bridalope and the Wedding Booker who have come to be from the need of wedding professionals who have lost much of their work because of the decline of business on TT. When you call these other sites they comment that they are inundated with ex Thumbtack pros expressing their discontent and frustration with the negative changes. Their advertising actually refers to the high priced leads that go nowhere- meaning TT without actually saying TT. We are frustrated. We’ve tried to cope with these changes. You ask but dont hear us!!!!!! Read!! So many real pros who have worked hard for their credentials on TT have joined other sites in hopes of recouping lost work on TT. PLEASE READ THESE COMMENTS! They are ALL NEGATIVE. GO BACK TI YOUR BEGINNINGS! IF IT AIN’T BROKE DON’T FIX IT! We miss our success on Thumbtack!!!!!

Solved! Jump to solution

Well put!!!!  After posting a reply today to "let's tak about how you rank in search result" I received the usual rhetoric about creating a great profile.... been there done that!  They are not listening!!!!!  My business tanked this year because of these changes.  I ended up joining Home Advisor, sooooooo expensive.  I can't afford it, but I was desperate.  I'm so frustrated with TT.    

Thanks for writing such a great reply.... our only hope is that someone in the grips of power will get their act together because TT is beginning to get a bad reputation.  

0 Kudos
LifeSaverCPR
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Scott,

I used to get new inquiries for service all the time. I no longer get any notifications.  What ever changed has actually decreased any potential traffic I had in the past dramatically.  I have received a new request in months.

So far I am not a huge fan of what has been happeneing.  It doesnt appear to work as well as it did in the past.

0 Kudos
LifeSaverCPR
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I dont even show up in the search results in my area.  People show up who arent even teaching what I teach and have zero hires.  It appears only a few people show in the rankings and are getting all of the leads.  Your algorithm is completely broken.

Highlighted
Pearlpro
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I'm not sure how the ranking will benefit me, those at the top sure but people in the middle won't get as many hits.
GATINT
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
How can I get the 250 for the promotion??
I really dont appear in the search box why?
I have 10 yr in thos windowtinting bussines I have the best prices.
And we also do commercial building and stores for the best prices.
We have the best ceramic films and the solar plate films 1.5 mills and more.
Fidelwindowtint@gmail
Free qouatas.
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I have not received any leads since Thumbtack changed to this new system. Why? It seems like we are being forced to use the promote feature.
0 Kudos