Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Thumbtack Employee scottz
Thumbtack Employee

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @eliascurtis,

Thanks for reaching out. @Meckell will be able to take a look at your profile to help figure out what you can do to rank higher.

For now, I'll say that your profile is the best way to get a customer to pick you out of the list of pros they see in search results. Think of it as your storefront where you can showcase who you are, your past work, and any information that might be helpful to customers.

A complete profile with lots of photos and information about pricing and availability will get you hired and reviewed more, which will in turn improve your ranking.

View solution in original post

eliascurtis
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Our profile looks 100% complete at the moment. If you can make suggestions, then that would be helpful. Other than that, it doesnt make any sense to be at the bottom of the list with a complete profile. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Tagging these pros as well who posted questions and feedback on how your profile affects your rank in the new system. My response is posted above, and I linked to it here. Keep the feedback coming! 

@Carey-Allen @BillPersons @EmyW @Djayent @Celestra @tshon @Stage66 @CooperMassey @tiacn @ThumbtackCelia

brandson80
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
why is there companies with very few reviews and not a full profile ranked higher than companies that have been on Thumbtack since the beginning?
fitcap
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution
Most likely because they are using Promote and no other reason! Smiley Sad
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @brandson80,

I know it’s frustrating when you’re not appearing at the top of search results. Especially if you’re not getting hired anymore.

There are a few reasons you might be showing up lower in search results than you expected:

• You’re not promoting your profile
  • You haven’t listed prices
  • Your profile is incomplete
  • You weren’t responding to previous leads as quickly
  • You don’t have many reviews

Check Thumbtack Help for more information on what factors into rank in search results. Our previous Q&A on the new search results experience also addressed similar concerns about not getting hired here. Take a look to see what another product manager, Chris, suggests to get hired more.

View solution in original post

Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm tagging other pros here who posted similar ideas. I hear that it's frustrating when you're not appearing as high in search results as you were expecting or not getting hired. Check out my post above where I tried to address these concerns (or follow this link). Thanks for sending your thoughts and keep the conversation going!

@Edgarelpollo21 @CompleteWeb @ks14 @thebabyfish @Lettucefeast @Felise @elle819 @tfitzpatrick914 @Rhartog @Claribeltovar @luvmwyf @ShopWithValerie @gblackmore @RodC @wittekind9 @Evofitg73 @Jena

Highlighted

Solved! Jump to solution
I dont have that problem. I'm in the top actually, I have 5 stars review, I have all my profile perfectly fine, with prices and everything. The only thing is that when people choose me to get an appointment it shows me in the calendar unavailable. Thing that I've been trying to fix , and doesnt work , thumbtack also did it for me and still I appear unavailable
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I dont have that problem. I'm in the top actually, I have 5 stars review, I have all my profile perfectly fine, with prices and everything. The only thing is that when people choose me to get an appointment it shows me in the calendar unavailable. Thing that I've been trying to fix , and doesnt work , thumbtack also did it for me and still I appear unavailable .
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

Since the system has changed to a search result based system versus the quoted system Thumbtack had previously, my business has dropped tremendously. As a chef and caterer during what should be the busiest time of year for me, has had a significant slow down. I am not sure how I rank in search results, but I have been on TT over 2 years, and have been a Top Pro consistently. The few direct leads I do receive are not relevant to what my profile parameters are. I am VERY disappointed with the "new" Thumbtack and hope they reconsider going back to it's original roots. 

Has anyone else had this issue? I can't imagine I am the only one. Plus, I am in a market with hundreds if not thousands of competitors (NYC). How can I be boosted to stick out from the rest given my strong history with TT?