Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Kameron

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

@VideoByKevin When using Promote you won't know what the amount will be up front. However, you'll be able to check your payments page to see the amount as soon as the contact comes in. We're also working to show the amount attached to the new lead when it comes into your inbox. For those who are using Promote, the weekly budget will be a huge help in controlling their spending. You can also check the QA section on each services budget page under "how much do I pay", to see an average range and maximum.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
VideoByKevin
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Kameron, Thank you for your reply.  You wrote, "When using Promote you won't know what the amount will be up front. "

Can I ask an honest question?  Can you poll the Thumbtack staff to ask how many of you do this in your own real life?  "You can charge me whatever you want as long as it doesn't go over this amount each week."   

jchenevert
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

What are the criteria Thumbtack uses to determine rankings, and how are those criteria weighted?

0 Kudos
SharonM7
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

If everyone's budget resets on Monday, that means the algorithm is trying to support everyone's ranking at the same time, right? Similarly, at the end of the week, when many people's budgets have been expended, would the only people showing up in search results be those whose budgets have not been expended?

Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@SharonM7 great point to call out, this is correct. 

0 Kudos
Houston1
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I am doing much better this year with TT this year khem last. I am happy with your service. I would be glad to get more relavent leads because I also use Homeadvisor I get a lot from Homeadvisor then from TT. I would like more leads from TT.
Thank you for your product.
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing @Houston1!

0 Kudos
DrData
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

How can I choose to be ranked lowest based on proximity to the job?  I am still getting referrals to jobs all over the United States and was charged for one on the other side of the country because the guy replied even though I changed that default in my profile.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@DrData in your travel preferences you have turned on that you work remotely (phone or internet). When that is turned on, we will connect you with customers all over the US. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions! 

0 Kudos
DrData
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for putting me on a trail of discovery. After searching Help for "travel" I found the setting four levels deep.  About as much fun as a phone answering robot with none of the menu options you recognize.  I hope to see the travel setting to a 35 mile radius take effect.

0 Kudos