Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
EvaG
Level 6

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

How do we promote our profile?  I did not know we could do this.

0 Kudos
Thumbtack Employee scottz
Thumbtack Employee

Solved! Jump to solution

These pros also mentioned that you're interested in how to improve rank, but that you have hesitations around promoting your profile. Check out my answer above or at this link where I addressed a post about the same topic. 

@RevDHirsch @Dace @Scott2018 @DrainResolvers @VideoByKevin @jpallotta @Boxley

VideoByKevin
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Scott,
You say you’d love to understand why pros are reluctant to “Promote” ...

Personally, I can handle you guys not caring. I don’t like it. But I can handle that. What I have difficulty with is the fact that there are so many comments saying we are not satisfied with the quality of the leads we are getting and upset that we are paying a higher price for lower quality leads. Why do you have trouble understanding that we don’t want to put ourselves in s position where we are automatically charged instead of being able to filter and qualify the leads ourselves.

Would you do that? Would you just open your wallet to a company to drain it as they see fit?

I’m sorry for the rant but I just can’t understand what you guys really expect.

Dan2
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Clearly, there is a disconnect between TT and Pros and 2018 on TT has been of no benefit.  From these posts, it is clear that the majority have been harmed by the changes and TT appears to not be listening (very few claim they benefit from the new methods of TT).  I believe part of the problem is that TT does not understand (nor do they appear to care beyond their profits) the various industries and how they work.  I venture to guess that most TT employees have no idea what it's like to own and run a business.  My two years on TT has resulted in only one paying customer, lots of requests who either weren't serious or wanted to lowball beyond reason.  Some would schedule with me and then not show which means lost time and money for me.  Even with the bidding system it was flawed where one bid would be 4x higher than another for the exact same service.  TT needs some changes but the route you're going is not working.  There are many other avenues to get clients that are a lot cheaper and better leads.  I will not continue in 2019 nor will any of my associates or students.   

Solved! Jump to solution
I really don't think this new way of connecting clients to pros is working for me.
Since joining Promote in early November my numbers for client contact had dramatically decreased, and paying clients diminished.
I see the same top pros at the top of the list, kudos to them but the rest of us are left with nothing.
If I'm 22 on a list then there is little chance of getting any interest from potential clients.
Hucks
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
This is not really a question about ranking, but it's more of a wish. I really love the exposure I get on thumbtack, but I really potential clients were able to see WHERE I live (Lithia Springs) BEFORE they reach out to me. (Zip code is not enough) It is quite discouraging to the potential client and myself, as a piano teacher, to have a discussion only to find out they think I live too far away , not hear back from them because of distance (let alone have to pay for something that will never happen) Please think about changing this.
Rebeccap93
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I feel like i'm getting a lot of views but not many people contact me. I have 5 verified reviews and have earned more than $2,000 from thumbtack since July.... but the last few weeks have been very slow. I thought it was supposed to get better...
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

Sometimes the first contact I get from a potential customer is by phone.  When this happens, how do you know they've contacted me, and importanly, how do you know if and when I respond?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

When the customer gives you a call through the app then we'll be able to see that and charge accordingly. We don't charge for a phone call ifA customer hangs up before the voicemail prompt, A customer hangs up before the phone is answered, A customer calls and gets a busy signal. When customers reach out to you by phone we'll let you know in your inbox where your conversation with the customer will start. This will include the number to call them back and you won't be charged to respond back either way.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@bstagephotograp great question! Another pro had the same question as you, check out our conversation here!

0 Kudos