Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
jcp
Level 9

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution
If it’s a system that’s designed to work better for us - then how come me - and many many other who have been top pros for some time - very successful top pros on TT - have now had horrible results and our business dropped off. Their voices have been expressed on chats all over for months now. When you say people were not getting responses that they were unhappy? well that’s money TT wasn’t making so that needed to change. A lot of people were not contacted because they were crappy leads to begin with. Or suspicious. I recognized them! Duplicates - etc. Now ... your basing ranking on a profile page ? That doesn’t seem fair to new people (hate to defend competition but it’s the truth). Ranking people on their site ? How about who’s available for the job at the right budget range first? Oh boy - it’s just exhausting and so disappointing to see these constant changes and unrealistic guidelines.

Solved! Jump to solution

thanks scott

Gartob
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

There are over 46 pages of responses from pros to your post.  Almost all say the new system does not work for them.  I'd say you have a problem with that number of negative responses from Pros.  Please return to the old system it worked well for almost all the Pros. 

Felix12321
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Scott z, you work for Thumbtack and you should know the name of my business.....so if you want to talk about how I rank USE THE NAME OF MY BUSINESS PLEASE.....you should also know my phone number so I would appreciate if you or someone that is a living being would call me and if I don't answer please leave a message with a number directed to someone who is a living being as I have alot of questions I would like to have answered if possible, thank you....DJs Furniture Refinishing and Home Improvements LLC.
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Felix12321 let's help you get some answers to all of your questions. If you need immediate support then you can use this page here to use any of the support channels that we have available. You can also send me a direct message and I'll do my best to get back to you when I can.

0 Kudos
PFC
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I dont see that it is working remotely as well as the older ones.  It has cost me more and I have less work.  I have NEVER taken days to respond to a customer and typically I respond in less than 1 hour. I am looking for other avenues to get leads as Thumbtack has become less reliable. You all forgot who is PAYING!  WE ARE! and we are paying a lot more for a lot less.

KPDCreative
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I don't necessarily believe this at all.  When I search for a makeup artist in my area, with even my zip code (very small town), I don't come up AT ALL!  I don't understand how I am being penalized when I have been, and continue to be very responsive to my customers!  I even enrolled in instant match and don't understand how this is showcasing the best talent whatsoever!  If I have been a top pro for the last few years, please explain why my name doesn't come up in any search results for any of the areas I serve.  I believe my work is better than this, and by not allowing customers to see that I am out there is very unfair to them and my business.  If I had a terrible track record, I would understand, but it's quite the opposite.  I cannot help but be very discouraged when there seems to be no hope that this will change.  I have not gotten any new leads since November Smiley Sad and a huge part of my business is gone. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@KPDCreative I took a look into this for you and found that under the preferences you have set that you do indeed show up first on the list. The main thing I noticed when looking is I had to adjust the filter under group size to 3 people or more since your preferences don't include less than 3 people. After that you showed up first on the list in your area every time.

lauren
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Scott,

I am curious, like others, as to how the new ranking system works. I also noticed last week that the new inbox was displaying some leads as "Custmer X wants to hear from you" - for example - and yet I did not have the option to reach out to them or provide  more information. It said something along the lines of "waiting for customer to respond". I am just confused/curious how that works and best practices?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
JimInDallas
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Is there a way where we can see how we rank.  I read the FAQ on how it works, but it would be interesting to see my ranking and if it's going up or down.  Maybe you could add this to the Insights page.

0 Kudos