Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution
So I get alot of views, a few leads, but no paid jobs yet.
How can I encourage the leads to actually call me for a free consultation??
People have questions and when I respond, I get no response.
So also, what criteria are you using to determine who is serious about joining tt and hiring pros as opposed to kids signing in just to see whats available? I feel like alot of inquiries arent serious. Thanks.
AndyN
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi, 

It has been significantly slow when Thumbtack switched to this feature.  I know something was wrong. This morning, one of the builders I am working with notified me that my Business name is not displayed in the Instant Match Results for Flooring Replacement and Installation. What have I done incorrectly to be completely excluded from Thumbtack? 

Thanks

Diamond Flooring LLC

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree with many of the comments above.  This new method of ranking/searching has decreased my leads by about 95% and I have also received a few inquiries and then no reply when I respond, they felt like spam.  I do not think it's fair to pay for a lead that never replies to me.  I would also like to be provided with the leads phone number.  

The recent changes to Thumbtack have negatively changed they way I prospect and win business and I have begun seeking out other lead sourcing options.  

Americantree
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
Ok I'm back let's get starred
0 Kudos
PoolEscapes
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
Have no received any customers from thumbtack in the past couple month and have paid more than ever without getting hired at all. Very annoying. Hoping for a better system soon.
jpallotta
Level 1

so getting a higher ranking is the main theme of this process?

Solved! Jump to solution

I am not very interested in number games, that is to say, that I work with one client at a time and my focus is continual research and experience to bring the best product to the client.   So, to me, business by location is fine and with some content marker for what is being sold... esp in the coaching business.   I assist clients in getting in touch with what needs to change and assist in the transition from where they are to where they want to be. This is a high quality based experience.  Content is the focus and right client matches are important. 

I find it a turn off to try to compete with others in the field in getting the most 'likes'so to speak or infinite ratings... That process may be the way it all works, but it is not what drives my interest and work... It is clear that many people with a number focus will win that race and come up first in a search, but it just seems artificial to focus on when content is most important and success with the client. In time, I suppose the ratings will slowly improve. I just have little interest in focusing on that aspect.   So my concern is to be put out via geographic area. I.E. who near bye who can fulfill the need... etc.. and that can support the numbers side of it all.

Vasyl
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
100% needs to be improved
Americantree
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
Okay let talk
0 Kudos
SRL
Level 5

Does the calendar come into play in this new system which I do not understand at all and all I know is that my business possibilities has gone down to just about zero. I am a top pro and I don't see that helping me. I got a contact but it was for a day, according to my calendar, that I am unavailable. How does this work?

Moderator Meckell

Great question @SRL! Yes, your calendar does come into play with search results. If you have a day blocked off and a customer chooses to contact you, we'll show you the date the customer wants your service and then will give you the option to accept your decline the job. You won't be charged if you decline the job. Feel free to check out our Help Center or send me a private message if you have any other questions. 

0 Kudos