Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
thebabyfish
Level 1

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution
I had responded to this subject numerous times. I watch the number of views change realtime and not get a lead.
Im concerned.
My quote setup was working albeit not as well as ld like but l was getting jobs. With the new feature lm getting potential clients looking for a quote.y business is alot more involved quotes vary with a discussion on what is it they need. Thats a huge price range difference. I was alot better w/o instant quote ! Please get back to NA if l need to give be breif. At least l had committed conversation
Michaudfit
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

you don't have to use instant quote.

Rhartog
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Wow! It’s horrible that so many pros are disappointed, but I feel a little vindicated reading all these comments about the new system. I’ve called in a couple times to Thumbtack support and I was told that no other pros were complaining about the new system. I’m a Top Pro with 271 hires. My reviews are awesome. I’ve been on Thumbtack for a long time and this is the absolute worst it’s EVER been. Eighty percent of my quotes are NOT EVEN BEING OPENED by the customer! I can handle the competition. That goes with the turf here on Thumbtack, but I have ZERO chance of getting hired if the customers are not even opening my quotes!!! And the customer has zero chance of hiring a qualified photographer if they’re not even seeing my quote and profile, etc. And Thumbtack is no longer getting my money. It’s LOSE - LOSE - LOSE. I pointed this out to someone at customer support and he told me it was no big deal that so many quotes weren’t being opened. He said it was normal. I literally had to argue with him and force him to look at my last 20 sent quotes to show him what I was talking about. I even told him to look at my payment history. A month ago I was averaging payments of over $100 a week to Thumbtack. Obviously it was working out with multiple leads a week. In the last three weeks combined I’ve spent less than $50 total.
The pay for customer response was great. This is absolutely not working. I’m barely even paying attention to my leads now on Thumbtack because it’s a waste of time to even send a quote. This is the holiday season. I should be swamped with parties and events, but I haven’t booked anything on Thumbtack.

Thumbtack- You’ve listened to the pros in the past. Please listen to us again. Out of necessity I’m reaching out to Bark, Gig Masters, and Meet A Photographer. I’m even posting on Craigslist!!!

So Disappointed
- R
NightHawk
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Rhartog, part of the reason they can tell you no one is complaining is they keep deleting unflattering comments.

I know I've had a few where I honestly expressed, in NICE terms, my thoughts and concerns about all the changes and they keep deleting and/or editing my comments in such a way it looks like I'm not complaining.

(Keep en eye out and see how long until this one's deleted)

All TT keeps doing is blaming the pros because our profile isn't right, or our pricing isn't right... I keep seeing how it's OUR fault we're not getting hired. Like you I used to get most of my business through TT, but I don't think I've been hired here once this year. I've spent a ton on "leads" that have lead nowhere. I'm to the point now I'm just kicking back waiting for everything to implode..

I would LOVE it if they could go back to the old system where we paid for credits and had complete control over how much we spend. Now, it seems like all they want to do is charge us for fake/misleading "leads" and as long as they get their cut they couldn't care less. (it's personal opinions like this that tend to get my post edited/deleted, just you watch)

Before I never heard complaints from customers about TT, now it seems like most of them are confused, or flake out and never respond. So much so I have to wonder how many of these "contacts" are legit..

And the pros? Well 48+ pages of responses in 48 hours, and most from unhappy pros, you would think they'd take the hint that somethings wrong. But instead they keep doubling down by continuously changing everything up, changing how clients see us and how were charged..

Solved! Jump to solution

I 100% agree!  In my first year of business Thumbtack provided me with a great start.  In my second year of business nothing to speak of.  I've spent countless hours talking to tech support and like you said, my pricing, my profile etc.  It didn't add up.... I was hired in the beginning with a blank slate, no pictures, no reviews.... now I have lots of pictures, 17 reviews, and I'm rated top pro for what I do, but I don't have any clients...    I'm curious as to what TT will do about the 48 pages of complaints in 48 hours.  How could they ignore such an overwhelming response of negativity?  I bet Scottz is in hot water for sending ou that message and opening Pandora's box.  In any case, if they don't return to the old way, their popularity will tank to the point of non-existance, and honestly it's already on it's way.  

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree, same here. If they don't switch back, they're going to loose a lot of Pros.
Djyella
Level 5

the decline at tt

Solved! Jump to solution

You are right,  i am on the decline also when i got to be a Top Pro it wasnt like this.  i will have to look else where if it doesnt change.

i am being charged for phony leads and not getting good leads.

CompleteWeb
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree. Old system was 1000% better. We have started working with other similar companies such as Bark.com in order to adjust. 

RevDHirsch
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Yes me too b/c it is actually less expensive as a wedding officiant on sites that I can know what I am paying per month.
NightHawk
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm also a wedding officiant, could you please PM me these other sites? I've found a couple but I'm still searching for one I'm happy with..